Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My exam is in 2 months now and i'm really stuck on how to revise properly ?!?

ReputationRep:
    It depends how you learn really.

If you are someone that learns by bright colours and pictures, then you want to be devising mind maps (or what ever your establishment calls them, other names include the spider diagram) around certain topics and collating everything you know on there from memory; you can then proceed to fill the gaps from a book.

If you learn analytically, then you want to be re-reading your notes and getting someone to test you on them.

Either way you should be doing past-papers in order to get a feel for what the real exam will be like.

ReputationRep:
    one thing which realllly helps is the spec cos it tells you exactly what you need to learn and only things on the spec can come on the paper...ALWAYS GO THROUGH THE SPEC...

ReputationRep:
    basically i go through the spec and make notes. do not follow the textbook and make notes purely on that because that has a lot of unneeded information you'll just be wasting time, the specification tells you EXACTLY what you need to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucien23)
    the above people will tell you good things to do but tbh its fairly vague

im doing this exam in june aswell (and chem and physics )

what are you aiming for??

i would recommend buying this book and the answers and literally remembering every answer of by heart...
    i know it may seem like a lot but it will give you a solid backbone for everything!!

workbook :http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/pages/pageFlip.asp?c=BRW44
    answers : http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/pages/prod...asp?book=BRA44

i did this for my first biology exam last year in january and thought i had a B when i walked out the exam room....
    i ended up with 140/140 ums... im not saying this to show ooff but to tell you that the grade boundaries are really low for this exam.... as long as you get abou 90% in say the B4 and B5 section you are already at a high A and you can guess half of the B6 questions and get an A*

im not saying to do that...but should it be necessarryy a couple days before the exam,, i would

oh and remember to do this daily
    understand, write, cover , write , repeat via words,

then come back to it on the weekend and try and recall it all
    it should work

hope that helps..PM me for any queries

ryan

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the advice , i found c1 c2 c3, etc easy i got a*s in those, so hopefully these june exams i can get a*'s in them too. With the exam spec do i need to learn just the standard and high demand, or should i learn the foundation demand to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    the above people will tell you good things to do but tbh its fairly vague

im doing this exam in june aswell (and chem and physics )

what are you aiming for??

i would recommend buying this book and the answers and literally remembering every answer of by heart...
    i know it may seem like a lot but it will give you a solid backbone for everything!!

workbook :http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/pages/pageFlip.asp?c=BRW44
    answers : http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/pages/prod...asp?book=BRA44

i did this for my first biology exam last year in january and thought i had a B when i walked out the exam room....
    i ended up with 140/140 ums... im not saying this to show ooff but to tell you that the grade boundaries are really low for this exam.... as long as you get abou 90% in say the B4 and B5 section you are already at a high A and you can guess half of the B6 questions and get an A*

im not saying to do that...but should it be necessarryy a couple days before the exam,, i would

oh and remember to do this daily
    understand, write, cover , write , repeat via words,

then come back to it on the weekend and try and recall it all
    it should work

hope that helps..PM me for any queries

ryan
    i got full marks in my module 2 and a*in 1 and 3
    this seems good too...others have taken your route of using cgp
    and all is good at the end of it you need to know everything to get the marks...whichever way you learn it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the advice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.