Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quite a few of my 'friends' have started 'using' me over the year. Whenever they need anything they always ask for a favour, I've known them for 5-7 years. Recently I've backed of a bit not communicating much with them. When I need a favour or anything they don't help or aren't available. I have wasted my time so much with these guys. The thing is I see these so called friends at most places such as the gym, what can I do to fully get away from these people. These where the same guys that went primary school.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of favours?

(Original post by vpsycho)
    What kind of favours?
    Like using my gym membership I've told the gym about that now, one time they ordered some stuff to my house even without asking my permission, also help with their college coursework, this was all about 1-2 months ago. As I've recently backed of, they still text and call but I've blocked their numbers.

Some people just think the world evolves around them.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand this.

I suppose you could make the message that you don't want to talk to them anymore really clear by saying 'I'm busy' but let them catch you doing something else? Sometime though people like this can hard to get through, so you might have to talk to them more directly by confrontation.

It's upto to you man.

ReputationRep:
    Try and ditch them mate, they're not worth your time, there is no part of this friendship that benefits you. Ignore them as much as possible and they'll get the message eventually and don't do them any more favours. As long as you're helping them out, the longer they'll stay

ReputationRep:
    Go and Directly talk to them and tell them you don't wanna talk to them and stop avoiding them because the more you avoid them, the more they will come behind you tell them you are no more interested to continue friendship with such mean people and you clearly tell them not to contact you further or simply change your current mobile number and don't share the new number with them, they will initially threaten you with all types of nonsense but you have to be stern on your decision and after sometime they will start bothering less about your friendship and move on.

thanks for your opinions on the matter, spoke to one of them today and told him that i won't be around to 'chill' with them, going to go gym at different times (hopefully early mornings) few days ago got a text of one of them saying that he wanted my membership card for a few weeks not replied to him since and wont be doing as I've changed my number.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.