Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

7 exams between May and June + 2 general studies exams. How do i organise my revision Watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought having to revise for 3 exams especially over christmas was difficult but somehow managed to get 3 As. I did some revision and all past papers and flash cards which helped a lot. But now I have to revise for 7 exams at the same time. From the 13th May I have 4 exams over the space of 2 weeks. Then a week off over half term and 3 exams the week I come back. (we don't get study leave). So they are all close together and won't have much time in between for revision. I don't know what to do and how to spend an equal amount of time per subject. I have 2 maths, 2 history, 1 biology, 1 chemistry, 1 anthropology (which is 2 lessons per week) exams. This is all just overwhelming and I don't know how to cope with the workload. I am getting really stressed out. Any tips on how I can plan and organise my revision. Also, how much time should I put into each subject?

ReputationRep:
    I would say the first thing to do is work out which subjects you are better in, then what subjects are you the weakest in. Going from there you might decide to put more time in the subjects you are weakest in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OP, I'm more or less in the same position as you, with 9 exams but only one general studies exam.

The way I did it was I took a week off after my January exams to organise myself and prioritise my work etc. I planned that I'd get the subjects that I thought were easy to finish and then retain the content (my 5 maths modules) out of the way first and then just leave myself past papers to work through and then focus on my physics and chemistry exams without worrying about my maths modules. This has proven to be quite effective as its enabled me to divide and conquer my subjects.. So to speak.

Of course, now that its closer to exams the best thing to do is not feel overwhelmed by your exams as that's the worst way to go about things. You should, as ninalicious97 said, work out what you're most confident in, go over that first but only briefly. Then have a look at powering through what you're not so confident in.

Hope it works out for you, and good luck in your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninalicious97)
    I would say the first thing to do is work out which subjects you are better in, then what subjects are you the weakest in. Going from there you might decide to put more time in the subjects you are weakest in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2185709

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone. I've now made a revision timetable and It does look very crammed but at least I'm clear on what I need to do and I will stick to it no matter what. Never used a revision timetable before I just sort of revised bits and bobs whenever I felt like it but I have a good feeling about this one

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm in the same position as you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.