Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it's a great product, but wondered which brand/ type people think is best for black hair? I know you can get the coloured varieties, but I only ever see ones for blonde or brown hair, and the normal one is white.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I use Batiste original dry shampoo and I think it's suitable for all hair colours. Just be sure not to use too much or it'll make your hair look white/grey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I use Batiste original dry shampoo and I think it's suitable for all hair colours. Just be sure not to use too much or it'll make your hair look white/grey!
    Ah right, thanks for answering, that was what I was wary of. I've had a bit of a weird experience with it, sometiems it doesn't seem to do much at all (I had the smaller version of the pink floral one) and just makes my hair feel even heavier, others times it gives it more life. The aerosol part didn't seem work very well though, so maybe I just got a faulty one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark-blue)
    Ah right, thanks for answering, that was what I was wary of. I've had a bit of a weird experience with it, sometiems it doesn't seem to do much at all (I had the smaller version of the pink floral one) and just makes my hair feel even heavier, others times it gives it more life. The aerosol part didn't seem work very well though, so maybe I just got a faulty one.
    I've only ever used the original so I can't comment but it does sound like you got a faulty one The problem with Batiste though (from personal experience) is that although it stops the hair looking greasy, it still feels a bit..minging. And it also makes the hair look dry. I'd rather have dry looking hair rather than greasy but it doesn't seem a fair trade

ReputationRep:
    Ive never had a problem with batiste, it actually does make my hair feel cleaner as well as look cleaner.

The only thing i would suggest if you're going to use alot is stay away from the coloured brown ones and stick to the normal white one. Only cos i was away camping once and used alot of the dark brown one and when i came to wash my hair it washed off in a muddy brown colour

ReputationRep:
    Dry shampoo absorbs the oil that makes your hair look greasy without drying your scalp out,like washing your hair with water every day can do.

ReputationRep:
    I have black hair and use the batiste dark brown one, its amazing because I used to use the original one but it used to leave white smears all over my hair, the dark brown one is invisible

ReputationRep:
    Use the batiste brown one, it comes out a bit white at first then quickly turns brown, it'll be less noticeable if you do have an overdose disaster - your hair won't look white!

Careful to not get it on your skin or clothes though, it stains both. Comes out, just involves a good scrub and a lot of hassle. So when you spray, make sure your other arm is away and maybe do it when you haven't put your top on yet.

ReputationRep:
    The coloured brown ones never work for me, I always just go with original. It leaves white marks if i spray it too close to my parting so a i spray it around my lower roots and then work it up to avoid getting grey hair for the day!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    When I had dark hair, I used the Charles Worthington one. It's a quite a bit more expensive than Batiste but it was great, and no white marks. I used the Balancing Act one, although they now have one for brunette hair which should be good too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.