Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Once Upon A Time Series 2 Coming Soon! watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just found out it's back on UK TV this Sunday and can't wait!

I didn't think I'd like at all when I first heard about it, but the cast and the chemistry between the characters have me hooked, in spite of the ridiculous plots, and I love trying to put al the pieces of the puzzle together trying to work out what's going to happen next.

Anyone else seriously excited for Sunday? Any predictions/ favourite moments from the last series?

PS I'm aware America are probably about half way through the second series by now and that it's probably available online, but for the benefit of UK viewers who haven't seen it yet, please can you "Spoiler" any comments about episodes that haven't yet aired on Channel 5.

ReputationRep:
    I noticed too myself. I'm watching it online, however, there have been an accumulated 2 MONTHS worth of haituses which has really P!"£$ed me off! DX

Only 4 episodes left and I am REALLY excited!

Been a really good season though so far, I can tell you you will love it. =D

Top characters in OUAT (in order) = Rumple/Mr Gold, Regina and Belle!

ReputationRep:
    Your heart will BREAK multiple times throughout this series!

Character I hate the most = HENRY. I hate him sooooo much! DX

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Scienceisgood;42054657].../QUOTE]

Yay, another enthusiast!

I've surprised myself by being Team Henry even though I'm not really the "Aw, what a cute kid!" type. Still don't get how he knew about the curse in the first place, though I guess that will be revealed/ has been soon. I think one of my favourite moments from Series One has to be when Regina and Emma were having a very heated discussion, and Henry just walks in, smiles and casually says hi to Emma - so random!

The characters I don't really like are Sydney/ the Genie/ the Mirror and Abigail/ Catherine as I find them a bit annoying; I still find it funny they couldn't think of a more... exotic name for James.

I pretty much share your top characters, however I'd be tempted to throw either the Hatter/ Jefferson or Ruby/ Red in the number four slot because they both have an amazing screen presence, but there are so many great characters. I still can't watch Belle's first appearance without crying, judging by your comments I'm going to be a blubbering mess by the end of series two. If I was her, I'd be a little (okay, very) annoyed with Rumpel right now - I wondered if the thing he was brining back might his SON at first, but I guess the magic was needed to change the dynamics of the show.

PS When did the whole shortening Rumpelstiltskin to Rumpel come about? I always thought it was a weird habit I'd picked up from an American podcast, but I guess I'm not alone after all!

ReputationRep:
    One of Rumple's best quotes (take it literally or metaphorically, however you will, this is how he sees Belle):

Spoiler:
    Show
    "You loved an ugly man, really, really loved me. You find goodness in others and when it isn't there, you create it. I know you don't remember who I am but know that is who you are, goodbye."

One of the best quotes EVER!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    One of Rumple's best quotes (take it literally or metaphorically, however you will, this is how he sees Belle):

Spoiler:
    Show
    "You loved an ugly man, really, really loved me. You find goodness in others and when it isn't there, you create it. I know you don't remember who I am but know that is who you are, goodbye."

One of the best quotes EVER!
    Now I'm trying to decide whether your spoiler button means anything significant...:holmes:

Edit: Scratch that, I didn't realise when you quoted one, it reveals the hidden part. Now I'm sort of like this :cry2: thinking about the implications of this quote whilst cursing the time differences in UK/ America broadcasting. Hmm.

But speaking of best quotes, there are so many moments when my mum, who really does not get the show :rolleyes:, just looks at me as if to say, "Really? You really enjoy this?". The two that stand out are "Mysterious Stranger" revealing his wooden leg and Regina's apple turnover.

ReputationRep:
    Who are your favourite OUAT characters?

ReputationRep:
    CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! Roll on Sunday...

ReputationRep:
    Who are your favourite OUAT characters?
    It varies depending on my mood, but like I said before, I share your love of Rumpelstiltskin, Regina and Belle (I love her accent!). I tend to be more Team Rumpel because I feel he is the more complex and intriguing character but I also admire Regina's pure evilness. The scenes involving both of them are incredible - one of my series one highlights is the jail scene in which he reveals he knows her true identity and about the curse.

The Hatter/ Jefferson and Ruby/ Red are normally in the top five because of their charisma; characters on the periphery of my all time favourites include Henry (sorry!), August (don't really know what we're supposed to call everyone now! ) and Archie, with the understated humour he brings. I tend to forget about Graham/ the Hunter, but really warmed to him in the episode showing his back story. Stupidly, despite seeing his heart being literally crushed, I assumed he would survive and that it was simply a cliff hanger ending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! Roll on Sunday...
    Sorry, didn't see your post before my last one - welcome to the thread!

Favourite characters/ series one moments?

ReputationRep:
    How can you say Regina's evil?!?!?!?!?!

Regina is just trying to be a mother to Henry, Henry just says "$£%* you", your the evil queen in the story and I'm the son of the chosen one and grandson of snow white and prince charming (plus two other people who you already know but will discover in this season).
    Regina is just trying to protect Henry and you will see this MANY times in season 2 not to mention Regina almost dies trying to save a couple of people (once again, not saying who) in this season!

EVERYTHING she does is for Henry.

ReputationRep:
    Even at the end of season 1, I always viewed Regina as more desperate than evil...

ReputationRep:
    How can you say Regina's evil?!?!?!?!?!

Regina is just trying to be a mother to Henry, Henry just says "$£%* you", your the evil queen in the story and I'm the son of the chosen one and grandson of snow white and prince charming (plus two other people who you already know but will discover in this season).
    Regina is just trying to protect Henry and you will see this MANY times in season 2 not to mention Regina almost dies trying to save a couple of people (once again, not saying who) in this season!

EVERYTHING she does is for Henry.
    Okay, I'll give you the fact that she does geniunely seem to care for Henry, but she doesn't necessarily go about this in the right way and he is not always the reason behind her actions. I did feel sorry for her when we saw her life before she became Queen, but felt it was a bit of a jump for her to suddenly go hating Snow White that much - yes, she would have been angry at Snow for breaking her promise, but a logical outcome would be for her to realise that ultimately, Daniel's death was her mother's fault, not Snow's. (I'm guessing we'll see more of Snow's mother though.)

Signs of her evilness:
    - Trapping Jefferson in Wonderland
    - Holding the Huntsman captive
    - Framing the Genie for the King's murder
    - Separating Hansel and Gretel from their father
    - The curse (on the whole realm, or whatever you want to call it)
    - Lying about Belle

To a certain extent, her "evilness" could be a the result of her desperate desire for revenge - and I guess you may have a better understanding having watched more of the series - but you still have to admit that some of her actions are just evil. I guess the question we're really asking here is whether her evilness can be justified by her earlier experiences with her mother.

And just to clarify, when I say she's "evil", that's not a criticism per se - I see her as one of those people you love to hate.

PS I guess I've just discovered the reason for your hatred of Henry...

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is Snow takes SO MUCH MORE from her this season and it will give you genuine cause to hate Snow (or pity), however, it is beyond cruel what Snow does to Regina during the episode titled "The Miller's Daughter".

EDIT:
    Also, it isn't really so much what she takes but how she takes it.

Do you believe Regina will ever try and turn good just out of curiosity?

I have included a small 1 min clip which shows Regina's true self in series 2 (no spoilers whatsoever), the second contains a SMALL spoiler but given you don't know which episode it is from, nothing major. It just shows Regina's loneliness and commitment to change.

FIRST VID - NO SPOILERS

Second Vid - Small spoiler (nothing major to jeaprodise the storyline for you.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTv-45CGf_k

ReputationRep:
    Apologies in advance for this mini essay. I’ve been thinking and whilst I still currently see Regina as more “bad” than “good”, I admit that it was harsh to label her “pure evil”. What I was trying to say is I like her ruthless streak.

I remembered some moments I’d overlooked - when she killed her father and her nightmare about the curse being broken - and yes, I see where you were coming from about her being desperate. However, I don’t think Series One provided enough opportunities for us to see this softer side as her as much as say, Rumpelstiltskin. I see a lot of parallels between his character and Regina’s, yet I’ve come away from Series One believing he is the more complex one simply because we’ve been further back in his timeline and the show seems to have built this idea that Emma is the main character, the Saviour, and therefore we should be rooting for her and her “side”.

However, the show is obviously trying to destroy some of the assumptions we make about fairytales and I think that we’ll see the theme of good/ evil being explored some more in Series Two, especially where Regina is concerned. Your posts add to this hunch (thanks for the videos, by the way). (On a side note, I have a couple of theories involving her mother and a few others, namely Rumpelstiltskin and the Queen of Hearts.)The whole debate sort of reminds of another show in which the “good” guys have that horrible realisation that actually they’re not that different from the “bad” guys apart from the fact they have each other.

To answer your question, as we saw in The Stable Boy, Regina has the potential for “good”, but I think it would be very difficult for her to return to that state for two reasons. Firstly, I don’t think she’d actually let herself. Her main goal has been to destroy Snow/ everyone’s happy endings, partially fuelled by jealousy. However, the thing with Regina is that she needs to be in control, probably because she spent so long being told what to do and how to act by her mother. A similar thing has occurred with Rumpel. So I think she’d find it hard to become “good” because she’d see it as sign of weakness, a sign that she was in the wrong. This can be seen when her father is tying to persuade her to forget Snow.

I think Regina also puts up walls which stop her getting close to others as a defence mechanism. She loved Daniel and doesn’t want to feel the pain of losing someone again. She trusted Snow and in her eyes, was betrayed by her. Maybe she also feels that to truly fall in love with someone else would be betraying Daniel, and I’m guessing she feels her quest to destroy Snow is her way of avenging his death so she needs it to work.

Secondly, I think she’s caught in a cycle where her past actions have led to this reputation; people believe in it and so shun her so she starts believing it herself – a sort of self fulfilling prophecy. Essentially, other people won’t let her be good – they’ll think she’s plotting something and not trust her. Supposedly, Snow is supposed to be the goody two shoes who could forgive even Regina, but I’m not sure this is entirely true. There was something in her face when she thought the Huntsman was going to kill her that suggested this was merely a ploy.

Incidentally, I think Rumpelstiltskin suffers from both these issues too.

PS To go back to an earlier post, I think the reason Henry lashes out is because he hates Regina for repeatedly trying to kill his parents, separating them and making it seem as though he is delusional for knowing about the curse. But then, he probably has only heard one side of the story. And speaking of the curse, sometimes when I see the back stories I wonder if the idea of a happy ending always works out in the fairy tale world after all (e.g. Cinders, Peter, Paige) …

Again, sorry for the lngth of this post, I've just really enjoyed this discussion!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, before I forget, this season you will find out.

How Rumple lost his wife
    Cora's story and why she became evil (when she was young) - Played by Rose McGowan (Paige from Charmed)
    What happened to Baelfire
    How Hook lost his hand
    How Snow's mother died
    Why Rumple was branded a "Coward"
    Him during the Ogre wars
    What happened to August

Characters to be introduced;
    Mulan
    Sleeping Beauty (Aurora)
    Captain Hook
    Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk
    The Giant
    A Dragon (Who I believe is Mushu from Mulan, however, he only referred to himself as "The Red Dragon")
    A stranger
    Someone called Neal Cassidy
    A Seer
    Sir Lancelot
    Tamarra
    A wraith

Just to give you something to look forward to. =)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the heads up. I knew about some of those from the site's Facebook page/ the AfterBuzz podcast but there were couple of new ones there - it'll be interesting to see them delve into other "worlds". I think I also heard something about The Little Mermaid?

Interestingly enough, I thought we already knew some of the things in your first list... but I guessing the extra details will add to the multiple sides of the story thing the show does so well. And out of curiousity, will we be seeing more of Frederick?

PS Thanks to whoever's been repping my posts - I've finally gained my second green gem!

ReputationRep:
    There may be a once upon a time spin off related to Alice in Wonderland .

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/28/on...f-casts-alice/

ReputationRep:
    I don't recall there being anything about the little mermaid directly.

The little mermaid was mentioned in the first series and a sea creature does come into the second season (well, mentioned) but isn't actually part of the little mermaid.

I have 4 more episodes left of season 2 (which continues on the 22nd April) and I haven't seen him as of yet - Frederick. =l
    And yes, there are other worlds as you saw with Jefferson and his hat (The Mad Hatter)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... Maybe I'm remembering wrong and the people on the podcast were simply talking about the characters they'd LIKE to see. I remember the reference as I think that's the episode I've seen the most (no prizes for guessing why ).

I would love to see a Wonderland spin off (I think I heard the Queen of Hearts was making return). I think it was introduced quite well in Series One in that they didn't immediately go down the obvious route and instead went something subtler.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.