Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm almost set to accept my offer from Starthclyde to study in the Business School. Just wondering if anybody else is set on going to Strathclyde and fancies a chat. Would be nice to make some friends before September and have someone to meet up with during freshers. No-one else from my school in North Yorkshire has applied to Strathclyde so ill be going all on my lonesome!

Angus

ReputationRep:
    Going to firm my offer for Physics at Strathclyde,

ReputationRep:
    just received an offer to law with spanish.i'm pretty sure it's going to be my first choice

ReputationRep:
    I have a unconditional for Chemistry with Drug Discovery at Strathclyde

Me and my friend who is also doing the same degree just made a wee group for people applying for any strathclyde degree for 2013, you should join it!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/465298856874423/

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Have any of you seen the sporting facilities or the Student Union? They missed them out on the tour and they're the only things I'm still wondering about at the minute. What are they like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AngusJ, I haven't seen the sporting facilities myself but I've been told they are really good! Also, they have a swimming pool the Student Union is absolutely massive, pretty sure it's got about 8 floors and there is a bar which does £1 drinks for 12 hours straight on a Tuesday hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Ah Yes, I have heard about the incredible Tuesday nights out in Glasgow! My brother goes to Glasgow Uni and said he visited the Strathclyde Union for a party once, but the fire alarm went off and they were all kicked out within five minutes so he didn't have a lot to go on in terms of rating the place. I suppose if its no good then there's no obligation to use it, but it would just be nice knowing exactly what my nine grand a year gets me! Are you sporty at all? I'm hoping to join the men's hockey and flag American football. They don't play Polo though which is a real bummer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional for Law!

ReputationRep:
    I'm unconditional for business too! I know three other people who are coming to Strathclyde (one for business, one for history and one for physics). Has anyone applied for halls? If so which one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i havnt been able to apply for halls yet (conditional offer) but ive firmed my offer for marine eng w/ naval architecture. hoping to get into forbes or garnet for halls.

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed my conditional for History and Psychology

ReputationRep:
    I've got an Unconditional for Naval architecture and Marine engineering at Strathclyde, my firmed choice

ReputationRep:
    firmed my place at strathclyde for biomedical science.
    anyone got any ideas on what accommodation they're applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What modules you looking to pick Caitlin? And is everyone here in the Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll be doing chemistry! If you're doing the same course, let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesy17)
    I've got an Unconditional for Naval architecture and Marine engineering at Strathclyde, my firmed choice

yey finally someone else doing my course next year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure yet, I already do accountancy and economics at school so might do that but not sure you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I studied an accounting module with the OU so I might take that, but I did the first module of Economics AS-Level and got a C so I won't be continuing there! I'm set on Finance and Business Enterprise. Still two to pick. Going to have Spanish as my elective aswell

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have my higher accounting exam tomorrow so will decide on whether I do accounting next year or not when results come in! Might take Spanish too although I would be doing it from the beginning. If you do Spanish as an elective does that mean you have to go to Spain in 3rd year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngusJ)
    What modules you looking to pick Caitlin? And is everyone here in the Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, i'm going to Strathclyde to do business as well! I'm not in a facebook group thought but i'd very much like to be?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.