Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i need to know the amount of moles in hydrochloric acid when the volume is 20.93 cm3 and the concetration is 0.03.

Moles just totally confuse me. is there a general formual i can use to work these kind of things out? well there is, but what is it? lol.

cheers for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainat87)
    i need to know the amount of moles in hydrochloric acid when the volume is 20.93 cm3 and the concetration is 0.03.

Moles just totally confuse me. is there a general formual i can use to work these kind of things out? well there is, but what is it? lol.

cheers for your help!

Moles = volume (in dm3) x concentration (in moldm-3)

so the answer will be 0.02093 x 0.03 (i dont have a calculator within my reach!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devilschild)
    Moles = volume (in dm3) x concentration (in moldm-3)

so the answer will be 0.02093 x 0.03 (i dont have a calculator within my reach!)

thanks. I have now finally finished my chemistry coursework!! yay!! rounds of applause to me!! Only now comes the open book in a couple of days time...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.