Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've put Sussex as my firm choice and if all goes well i'll hopefully be coming in September. I was just wondering if anyone can give me advice on which accommodation to choose.

When I came to an open day I really liked Swanborough and I can't remember the other I visited but I wasn't particularly keen on it. (shared bathrooms.)

I would prefer an en-suite room but I know they're more expensive, also a building in the centre of everything and one that has a balance between social life as well as work.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on which accommodation would be best and which have a balance between social aspects as well as work really.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student131995)
    I've put Sussex as my firm choice and if all goes well i'll hopefully be coming in September. I was just wondering if anyone can give me advice on which accommodation to choose.

When I came to an open day I really liked Swanborough and I can't remember the other I visited but I wasn't particularly keen on it. (shared bathrooms.)

I would prefer an en-suite room but I know they're more expensive, also a building in the centre of everything and one that has a balance between social life as well as work.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on which accommodation would be best and which have a balance between social aspects as well as work really.

Thanks!
    Hi,

Swanbourough is your best choice as it is literally in the center of campus next to co-op, lecture theaters library, Bramber Cafe etc. However it is really expensive, but for a prime location it isn't that bad. I didn't live in Swanborough last year, I lived in one of the Park Houses. However, quite a lot of people on campus say that the more expensive accommodation is not that socially friendly. I guess it depends who you are going to be living with. In addition, if you live next to the road, Route 25 goes along that road and N25 goes along there as well, which full of intoxicated people. Other than that Swanborough is a great place to live.

Northfield, is a trek to get to. However, if you more of a person who loves a quiet life, this is where it is at. With the South downs surrounding this accommodation it is wonderful. Recently they have added a bus stop where the 25 and N25 goes which makes it easily accessible to Brighton.

Lewes Court,

Same as Swanboorough, except more older, some are shared bathrooms.
    Distance: In between Northfield and Swanborough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.