Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Historians,
    I'm aiming for an A* in history at A2, but I'm struggling with this paper. Is anyone else having trouble? Can anyone recommend any revision techniques/give me any advice?

Even better, is anyone willing to share and past experiences or past answers with me?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not aiming for as high as an A* in this paper, more an A but I utterly see where you are coming from,

the sheer amount of detail and stats that need to be remebered is just depressing. The advice my teacher gave was to learn the key figures, stats and legislations that were passed.

Also to mind map reasons for and against, or strenghts ad weaknesses of both the party in power at a given time period, and do a seperate one on the primeminister at the time. The questions seem to focus around why did parties fail, or why did a certain key figure not do as well.

Also try to come to a personal opinion, I was told that to get the top grades you need to have your own opinion, helps to argue one side over the other and creat a conclusion.

Compared to other history exams though I have done, this one is by far the hardest I've seen.

Hope that was of some help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkRoast)
    I'm not aiming for as high as an A* in this paper, more an A but I utterly see where you are coming from,

the sheer amount of detail and stats that need to be remebered is just depressing. The advice my teacher gave was to learn the key figures, stats and legislations that were passed.

Also to mind map reasons for and against, or strenghts ad weaknesses of both the party in power at a given time period, and do a seperate one on the primeminister at the time. The questions seem to focus around why did parties fail, or why did a certain key figure not do as well.

Also try to come to a personal opinion, I was told that to get the top grades you need to have your own opinion, helps to argue one side over the other and creat a conclusion.

Compared to other history exams though I have done, this one is by far the hardest I've seen.

Hope that was of some help.

That's a really good idea, I'll do that.
    Yeah, I've never known anything like this! It helps even just knowing that other people are struggling too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelclamp)
    That's a really good idea, I'll do that.
    Yeah, I've never known anything like this! It helps even just knowing that other people are struggling too!
    There are a lot of people I know from my class and others at college finding this really tricky. But I think, as I said before, just blunt learning and brutally trying to memories stats and dates, the exam should hopefully fall into place and all be good!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.