ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the Official WWE WrestleMania 29 Thread

"Greatness vs. Redemption"

Date: Sunday 7th April 2013

Time: 12am-4am (UK)

Venue: MetLife Stadium

City: East Rutherford, New Jersey

Confirmed Card:

The Rock (c) vs John Cena (WWE Championship)
    Spoiler:
    Show

The Undertaker vs CM Punk

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar (No Holds Barred, if Triple H loses, he must retire)

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Jack Swagger (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)

Randy Orton, Sheamus and The Big Show vs The Shield

Ryback vs Mark Henry

Team Hell No (c) vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (WWE Tag Team Championship)

Chris Jericho vs Fandango

Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls vs Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins

YouTube Pre-Show (11pm-12am):

Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz (WWE Intercontinental Championship)

Post opinions, predictions, videos and anything else below. As WrestleMania brings in a lot of casual fans, I do ask kindly that you post in conjunction with WWE Programming. Please use spoiler tags for any spoilers, rumours, sightings etc.

I don't think I'll be ordering it this year, so if anyone needs a link, feel free to PM me. Hope you enjoy the show.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    x
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    x
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    x
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    x
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    x
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    x
    (Original post by Gridiron-Gangster)
    x
    (Original post by Scott129)
    x
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    x
    (Original post by Moomino)
    x
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    x
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    x
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    x
    (Original post by kylecroxford)
    x
    (Original post by AVB)
    x
    (Original post by Kutta)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I saw that you had a RoyalRumble thread as well but I never posted on that cos I didn't order it due to an exam in the morning. But like you, I doubt I'll be ordering it WM this year. Probably get a link or something if I do stay up to watch it.

Also, why is Barret-Miz on the pre-show. The guy who was in the main event of this show two years ago is demoted to a YouTube match and plus it deters the prestige of the title. I understand if it's US but why the IC, strange move in my opinion. Speaking of the US title, not sure how WWE will include Cesaro now but he should have some vital role.

ReputationRep:
    Also, why is Barret-Miz on the pre-show. The guy who was in the main event of this show two years ago is demoted to a YouTube match and plus it deters the prestige of the title. I understand if it's US but why the IC, strange move in my opinion. Speaking of the US title, not sure how WWE will include Cesaro now but he should have some vital role.
    I agree. Barrett and Miz are both good at what they do and both have, in the last couple of years, been main eventers. How the mighty have fallen. It will probably be a good match and having it on the actual show would help with the prestige of a title that is losing prestige. The Rhodes Scholars match should be the one on the pre-show.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I saw that you had a RoyalRumble thread as well but I never posted on that cos I didn't order it due to an exam in the morning. But like you, I doubt I'll be ordering it WM this year. Probably get a link or something if I do stay up to watch it.

I agree, the Intercontinental Championship match should never be demoted to the pre-show. But I'd rather see them get twelve minutes on the pre-show than six minutes on the main show. I guess the WWE want two big names to get people to watch the pre-show too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you guys are right, The Rhodes Scholars-Tensai/Clay match should be on the YouTube show, but of course it'll be a quick grudge match anyway. The pre-show will give Barret and Miz more time in-ring and it would be elevate an explosive start for thus year's show. They have good chemistry together and can produce another solid back and forth bout. Having the IC title match is a good way to draw in more viewers for the pre-show but it still contemporaneously damages the title and what it has become. Plus, Miz has been wrestling for both the US and IC titles over the past few months. He's trying to own the mid-card, like constantly facing Cesaro and now Barret, not giving the mid-card rest making his motives quite confusing, does he want the US belt or does he want the IC belt.

And on another note, WWE formed this match on the basis of movie roles etc. This is similar to when Edge feuded with Booker-T at WrestleManiaX8 over a shampoo advert. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, this brings nostalgic memories of last year and the excitement of Mania 28.

I won't be ordering but will stay up to watch with you folks. Royal Rumble thread was quite exciting and fun to be part of.

Predictions:
    Cena
    Taker
    HHH
    Shield (with Randy turning on his team)
    Ryback (or the match is a draw or inconclusive ending)
    Hell No
    Fandango
    Don't know what the hell this match is about but the Funky guys.

ReputationRep:
    Going to try and get a link to it, because I won't be able to watch it on Box Office. Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    My predictions:
    Cena
    Taker
    Brock - Perhaps as a result of Michaels costing HHH by mistake.
    Del Rio
    Shield
    Ryback
    Hell No
    Jericho
    Rhodes Scholars
    Miz

ReputationRep:
    Predictions:
    Cena
    Undertaker
    Spoiler:
    Show
    [It has to be doesn't it? Undertaker has to retire at some point and will do undefeated]

HHH
    Del Rio
    Orton, Sheamus and Show
    Ryback
    Hell No
    Jericho
    Miz

ReputationRep:
    I think they put that IC match on youtube so people will actually log on to watch it and it might persuade more viewers to watch/order the show. I am sure if they put a crap match on, not a lot of people would be bothered to watch it so from a business point of view it makes sense to sacrifice the prestige of the tittle for some extra profit

ReputationRep:
    My Predictions:

The Rock (c) vs John Cena - And rightfully so

The Undertaker vs CM Punk - Obviously

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar - Perhaps with HBK interfering, with some Sweet Chin Music

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Jack Swagger - The DUI arrest swayed me towards Del Rio, but I think Ziggler will cash-in to become, the NEW...

Randy Orton, Sheamus and The Big Show vs The Shield - With the possibility of Orton turning heel, the odds are always increasing for The Shield

Ryback vs Mark Henry - Hoping he doesn't botch his Shell Shocked, otherwise the NYC crowd will turn on him

Team Hell No (c) vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston - I don't see Big E losing in his debut

Chris Jericho vs Fandango - See above

Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls vs Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins - Rhodes and Sandow need a win here

Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz - Purely for his unbeaten streak, it's not ready to end just yet

ReputationRep:
    Huge CM Punk fan here, however I want the undertaker to win!

My Predictions - Winners in bold

The Rock (c) vs John Cena - The Rock hardly defends the title and is busy with movies such as G.I. Joe so Cena will probably win)

The Undertaker vs CM Punk - The streak can't end here even though it will probably get close

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar - He is going to own the company soon with his wife so he will probably wrestle in the future so can't see him retiring now

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Jack Swagger - He will probably get the win with Ziggler cashing in and winning, I personally hope Ziggler will cash in and fail with Del Rio defending!

Randy Orton, Sheamus and The Big Show vs The Shield - Randy Orton hopefully as heel, he is awesome as heel

Ryback vs Mark Henry - Ryback has had a massive push since debuting so can't see Mark Henry beating him

Team Hell No (c) vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston - Can't see Kane and Daniel Bryan losing this match

Chris Jericho vs Fandango - This would give Fandango a huge push and Jericho will probably lose as he will take time off because of the band he is in.

Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls vs Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins - Can't see Cody Rhodes losing

Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz - Unbeaten streak not ready to be ended yet, I can see it going into the double figures!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Welcome to the Official WWE WrestleMania 29 Thread
    Cheers man, I'll be up to watch I imagine!

ReputationRep:
    Reported time lengths for each match and segments (including Diddy's performance) at Mania

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Not including entrances)

* Chris Jericho vs. Fandango has been given 10 minutes

* Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston has been given 12 to 15 minutes

* Ryback vs. Mark Henry has been given 12 minutes

* The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus has been given 15 minutes

* CM Punk vs. The Undertaker has been given 20 minutes

* Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio has been given 15 minutes

* Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar has been given 20 to 30 minutes

* The Rock vs. John Cena has been given 25 to 30 minutes

* A Diddy musical performance has been given 8 minutes

* The WWE Hall of Famers coming out to wave to fans has been given 7 minutes

* The show opener and National Anthem has been given 7 minutes

* Other assorted segments throughout the show have been given 10 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Stone Cold is the GOAT. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    Reported time lengths for each match at Mania

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Not including entrances)

* Chris Jericho vs. Fandango has been given 10 minutes

* Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston has been given 12 to 15 minutes

* Ryback vs. Mark Henry has been given 12 minutes

* The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus has been given 15 minutes

* CM Punk vs. The Undertaker has been given 20 minutes

* Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio has been given 15 minutes

* Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar has been given 20 to 30 minutes

* The Rock vs. John Cena has been given 25 to 30 minutes

* A Diddy musical performance has been given 8 minutes

* The WWE Hall of Famers coming out to wave to fans has been given 7 minutes

* The show opener and National Anthem has been given 7 minutes

* Other assorted segments throughout the show have been given 10 minutes
    You got a link?

They should shift off 5-10 minutes between the re-matches (HHH/Lesnar and Rock/Cena) and add that to the Punk/Taker match considering the great ending of RAW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Stone Cold is the GOAT. That is all.
    Agreed.

(Original post by Aky786UK)
    You got a link?

They should shift off 5-10 minutes between the re-matches (HHH/Lesnar and Rock/Cena) and add that to the Punk/Taker match considering the great ending of RAW.
    A link to the news report?

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/..._Segments.html

They're also reporting that Punk-Taker will happen approximately half way through the show.

ReputationRep:
    My Predictions:

The Rock (c) vs John Cena - And rightfully so

The Undertaker vs CM Punk - Obviously

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar - Perhaps with HBK interfering, with some Sweet Chin Music

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Jack Swagger - The DUI arrest swayed me towards Del Rio, but I think Ziggler will cash-in to become, the NEW...

Randy Orton, Sheamus and The Big Show vs The Shield - With the possibility of Orton turning heel, the odds are always increasing for The Shield

Ryback vs Mark Henry - Hoping he doesn't botch his Shell Shocked, otherwise the NYC crowd will turn on him

Team Hell No (c) vs Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston - I don't see Big E losing in his debut

Chris Jericho vs Fandango - See above

Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls vs Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins - Rhodes and Sandow need a win here

Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz - Purely for his unbeaten streak, it's not ready to end just yet
    Exactly my predictions too!

For the Haitch and Lesnar match (although he will lose), I'll be supporting the Beast Incarnate!

Here comes the pain!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the rock and brock lesnar. are gonna lock horns at extreme rules this year. Could be a premature rumour just so you know it, but nonetheless, still a mouthwatering encounter if you think about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 11, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.