Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I came across this on KCL's undergraduate prospectus 2014 entry. Does it mean that any home student who starts the dentistry course in KCL in Sept/Oct 2014 will have their tuition fees paid for by the NHS for the duration of 5 years?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but I think it's just the last year

ReputationRep:
    I think it is the last year only

ReputationRep:
    I read on another thread that KCL will accept a high UKCAT in place of poor academic performance (only got 3 A's at gcse). Does anyone know if this is true ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Govmalhi11)
    I read on another thread that KCL will accept a high UKCAT in place of poor academic performance (only got 3 A's at gcse). Does anyone know if this is true ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that is for graduate students who don't necessarily need to meet the standard GCSE and A-level requirement in lieu of a 2.1 science related degree, however school leavers still need to meet those academic requirements. Hope that helps :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Govmalhi11)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also here is the booklet for 2013 entry, I don't think you need to have extremely high GCSE's but require at least a B grade in English language. Academic requirements are detailed on page 34. I think it's all down to the quality of your application. Good luck!

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/dentistry/news...istry-2013.pdf

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I presume the people on this thread are going to apply for the GEP for Dentistry at King's this year, I just wanted your opinions on my initial idea of applying for both the GEP and 5 year course at King's? I absolutely adore King's and it's my dream to get in there but I'm worried that if I get an interview for one and do badly in it, they will not bother giving me an interview for the other. (Yes I'm looking incredibly far and optimistically in the future, but I just like to look at all scenarios) Do you think I'm wasting a choice?

Opinions please?

ReputationRep:
    At their open day, they said that years 5 and 6 (If you intercalate) are NHS funded

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.