The Student Room Group

Sex is a bad..

Basically after posting a thread which mentioned sex I noticed a lot people negatively talking about sex.

People stating that having sex with someone while you're single is somehow wrong. Personally I am completely against this and I think the world would be a better place if people were more open and having more sex (whilst still being safe of course).

So, do you think that having sex while you're single is wrong, slutty or a bad thing to do?

Or, like me, do you believe that it is a fantastic experience to share with someone (providing that you both know what you're getting into.. nobody is being 'played' and all intentions are good)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sex is a perfectly natural thing and I think it's fine to have as much (safe) sex as you want.
Personally, I wouldn't have sex with anyone like a one-night stand or anything, but I don't condone those who do.
I would only have sex if I knew I had strong feelings for the person and i thought they felt the same way about me.
I totally agree with you, and I think people are too touchy about this. It's something fun to do. The only person I have done it with was a friend (male!) and it was fine and made us closer, I don't know why people make it into such a big deal.
Each to their own. Not my business what you do in your bedroom. Or kitchen. Or shower.
Reply 4
I don't see sex as a symbolic/religious/deepfully meaning act at all.

It's just sex, and if you're both enjoying it, then why the hell not get your kit off and kick it like bunnies!
Sex is equivalent to eating in many ways. Not sure how analogous this relationship is.
Reply 6
Sex is obviously a meaningful thing. I would say only have sex when in a relationship and with someone you know, and know you can see having a long relationship with. The consequences of when it goes wrong is too great for it to be something similar to eating.
Original post by Rybee

It's just sex, and if you're both enjoying it, then why the hell not get your kit off and kick it like bunnies!

It's the most intimate thing two people can do.
Reply 8
Original post by ah07171
Sex is obviously a meaningful thing. I would say only have sex when in a relationship and with someone you know, and know you can see having a long relationship with. The consequences of when it goes wrong is too great for it to be something similar to eating.

What can go wrong though?

Providing you both know what you're getting into and are completely honest with eachother there isn't much that can go wrong.

It's only when people are confused about their relationship that it could be a problem. And if that is the case then someone hasn't been honest.
Reply 9
I personally wouldn't do it with somebody I wasn't in a relationship with. That said, I don't see it as "wrong" to sleep around per se. It's really up to the individual in question to define what sex would mean to him or her and then determine if what they are "doing" is in line with their view.
Reply 10
Whomever that said sex outside of a relationship is wrong needs to check their perspectives in life :colonhash:

There's nothing wrong with a ONS as long as it done safely and with the consent of all involved parties!! :smile:
Original post by Rybee

Original post by Wilfred Little

Beat me to it :pierre:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by fallenangel
This is 'The Student Room' not 'The Whore Room'

I take it you're on the side of 'having sex makes you a whore'.
Reply 12
Original post by pizzle223
What can go wrong though?

Providing you both know what you're getting into and are completely honest with eachother there isn't much that can go wrong.

It's only when people are confused about their relationship that it could be a problem. And if that is the case then someone hasn't been honest.

Pregnancy.....leading to abortion
One of the partners you though you're having a fling with could be a psychopath
And the usual STDs and crap
Reply 13
Original post by Wilfred Little

*It can be
Reply 14
Nothing objectively wrong with it.

But nothing you can say to me is going to stop me feeling uncomfortable with the thought of a girl I am romantically interested in having sex with another man.
Not at all, I'm of the mind that two consenting adults should be able to have sex whenever they want - in or out of a relationship.
Reply 16
I never had sex while I was single but I wouldn't dare tell anyone it was wrong.
Nothing wrong with sex.
Sex can mean different things to different people. For some it will something they only want to share with someone they love, for others it's just something fun that doesn't involve any commitment to their other person. You don't even need to hold both of them consistent throughout your whole life - at some points it might be special and important, another time it can be a bit of fun. All of these things are OK as long as no-one is being harmed. There's no need for all of the judgements that come along with it from both sides.
I know the thread you mean,and I'm not sure if that person was saying that as a joke or what. But I totally agree with you.

If I didn't have sex out of a relationship then I wouldnt have had sex for the last 3.5 years,and that's not something I'd like to have happened!

Of course sex is meaningful in a relationship and everything. And sex I've had in a relationship can be different to sex outside of one.

I've never had a ONS, I've never slept with someone I've just got off, and I've never slept with someone just the one time. I am reluctant to say the number of people I have slept with, as people on this forum have reacted negatively and called me a slut. I do think this is something that happens on TSR. People who know how many people I've slept with in 'the real world' think its average, and have known people at uni who have slept with way more people.

Sex outside a relationship is absolutely fine (great, even!) so long as both people understand where they stand. I've had a sex buddy for almost 3 years now. We're open about everything, feelings and sex wise, and it's enabled us to do that safely and happily (better sex than when I've been in a relationship. Different of course though.) I'm ashamed to say there was one guy I probably led on a little bit. I didn't know where he stood, and he thought we were more coupled and exclusive than we actually were. Miscommunication, but sex in that instance was bad, very bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending