Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm looking to get part-time work over the summer holidays. I'm currently at University studying full time, but will be off from early June to late September.

I'm looking for anything from bar work or waitressing to a more relevant job in the industry I want to work in (film.) Working at the Warner Bros. Harry Potter studio tour would be ideal, but I have applied in the past through the TimeWarner site and got nothing back. I've recently applied for to work as bar staff at a festival through a website.

The problem is, I've only had one proper job with a catering company. Other than that I've done a bit of work experience, but not much else. Could someone with previous experience advise me on the most effective way of securing a job? I really need one as it's a long break and I could use the money/experience. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonIndian)
    So I'm looking to get part-time work over the summer holidays. I'm currently at University studying full time, but will be off from early June to late September.

I'm looking for anything from bar work or waitressing to a more relevant job in the industry I want to work in (film.) Working at the Warner Bros. Harry Potter studio tour would be ideal, but I have applied in the past through the TimeWarner site and got nothing back. I've recently applied for to work as bar staff at a festival through a website.

The problem is, I've only had one proper job with a catering company. Other than that I've done a bit of work experience, but not much else. Could someone with previous experience advise me on the most effective way of securing a job? I really need one as it's a long break and I could use the money/experience. Thanks!
    Get some decent references and talk about how each job/experience has been beneficial in different scenarios.
    Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.