Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Only Five Options For PM - Who Would You Pick? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Passing over the fact that the populace actually votes parties in, not individual ministers, let's consider the hypothetical.

You have five options, but only one choice.

Who will you pick from the following (and the only the following, not any extras not listed - this is hypothetical; i.e. "if you were forced to pick from these five, who would you pick and why"):

Spoiler:
    Show

1. David William Donald Cameron, incumbent Prime Minister of the United Kingdom,

2. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

3. Nigel Farage

4. Edward Samuel Miliband

5. Theresa Mary May

Pick only one option from only these options as your choice - do not ad-lib.

So, who will you choose?

ReputationRep:
    Neither. Dr Vincent Cable
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Boris and Cameron are the only choices there for me.

Farage is just no.

May has some nutty social policies that i don't like.

Ed is just not for me.

ReputationRep:
    Boris, Nigel and Theresa but no Nick? I know it's hypothetical but at least widen the option.

But going with Donald from your list.

ReputationRep:
    If Ed comes in, I'll leave this country for good.

ReputationRep:
    Ed Miliband is simply a communist - so no.
    David Cameron has achieved nothing of note so far, and has given me no reason to suspect he will in the future - so no.
    Theresa May is not in any tangible sense ready to be PM - so no.
    Boris Johnson is a laugh, but I am concerned that he doesn't actually have any obvious moral convictions that guide him - so no.

I don't particularly want Farage, but out of those choices, I'd have to choose him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Neither. Dr Vincent Cable
    Can't people on TSR follow simple instructions. If you were forced to pick from the five choices, which one - you must pick one or just don't answer. Simple.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    Boris and Cameron are the only choices there for me.

Farage is just no.

May has some nutty social policies that i don't like.

Ed is just not for me.
    As said, you only have one choice, which will it be? You can't pick two Prime Ministers.

(Original post by 419)
    Boris, Nigel and Theresa but no Nick? I know it's hypothetical but at least widen the option.

But going with Donald from your list.
    There are only five choices. If you're forced to pick one, which will it be? As I said, it's only these choices, so forget anyone else that you think should be there. "You're forced to pick one, which will it be?"

ReputationRep:
    Too many Liberals on here.

Farage is the only one you can categorically trust. No matter what your political viewpoint, you elect politicians based on certain principles. Ed Miliband, David Cameron and Boris Johnson are all U-turning, slimy political crooks, as far as sticking to principles are concerned.

Farage doesn't sound like any other politician. He has lived and worked in the real world, and has not just sprung out of university into research then into politics.

James Delingpole sums Farage's increasing overwhelming support in this brilliant Spectator article.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/columnist...nvert-to-ukip/

edit: And as a commenter above me mentioned, Theresa May just doesn't have any motivation to want to challenge the leadership, a quality that would otherwise make for an effective leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcarz)

Farage is the only one you can categorically trust. No matter what your political viewpoint, you elect politicians based on certain principles. Ed Miliband, David Cameron and Boris Johnson are all U-turning, slimy political crooks, as far as sticking to principles are concerned.

Farage doesn't sound like any other politician. He has lived and worked in the real world, and has not just sprung out of university into research then into politics.

James Delingpole sums Farage's increasing overwhelming support in this brilliant Spectator article.

edit: And as a commenter above me mentioned, Theresa May just doesn't have any motivation to want to challenge the leadership, a quality that would otherwise make for an effective leader.
    Why would I trust a liar/ propagandist whose recent accent is based on scaremongering?

(Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Can't people on TSR follow simple instructions. If you were forced to pick from the five choices, which one - you must pick one or just don't answer. Simple.

As said, you only have one choice, which will it be? You can't pick two Prime Ministers.

There are only five choices. If you're forced to pick one, which will it be? As I said, it's only these choices, so forget anyone else that you think should be there. "You're forced to pick one, which will it be?"
    Did you even read my last line? I choose Donald. David William Donald Cameron
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Path of least evil seems to nominate Ed Milliband.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

Yes, of course I did.

I was just addressing your displeasure that there were no more choices.

ReputationRep:
    Ed Miliband but I'm biased, I'm an avid member of the Labour Party. You should have mixed up the list abit, throwing in some BNP's and Green's and some Lib Dem's 3 Tories, a UKIP and a Labour not much to choose from there!!!

ReputationRep:
    Elections are for the weak and fearful, we need a revolution! Revolution is the only true form of democracy, if people are prepared to fight for their chosen government! :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Miliband. Because I'm a filthy gauchiste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Why would I trust a liar/ propagandist whose recent accent is based on scaremongering?

What has he lied about? If anything he has told more truth than any of the Cabinet or Shadow Cabinet put together. You see, he is willing to confront the very hard issues that the past Conservative and Labour governments have just brushed under the carpet.

You accuse Farage of being a liar. Then you go on to support David Cameron, who gave a "cast-iron guarantee" he would offer a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. He didn't. He said that he would not be backing gay marriage, 3 days before the last general election. He is now pushing for it. He has made so many u-turns on immigration, how can you possibly stand your argument and not be otherwise shown to be a hypocrite.

Cameron has made more U-turns that a London cab driver - you clearly know nothing about politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcarz)

100% agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Boris out of those 5.

Cameron has a veneer of credibility but underneath is an incompetent fool. Boris is the other way round.

Farage... well I support UKIP policy-wise but he's not PM material.

May... she's on the hard right of the Tory party, tends to crap on immigrants whenever the party is in trouble, so no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theseeker)
    If Ed comes in, I'll leave this country for good.
    Shall I hold you to your word, then? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    May, Farage and Boris are acceptable to me.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    May I think, although I don't agree with some of her past decisions. Cameron is unrealistic and his centrist policies go against a lot of what I think conservatism stands for; Johnson is a clown, he can stay Mayor of London but anything more is dangerous; Farage is fixated on one issue and one issue only, and that's an issue I don't wholly support and Milliband's completely useless.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.