Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm seriously stuck at the moment on FF8 and it's driving me absolutely crazy!

I'm on disc 2, and it's the part where you are in Balamb and have to fight Raijin, and straight after have another fight with both Raijin and Fujin in the Balamb hotel.

I cannot, for the life of me, seem to defeat them!

I can do the first battle fine, against Raijin on his own. I put him to sleep and use GF's, using protect and killing the soldiers all fine. However when it comes to the battle with Raijin and Fujin it's not working!

I draw Fujin's GF from her (Pandemonum?), so she cannot use her wind attacks, leaving her with just physical attacks. I protect my team, so that the damage is minimal. I use sleep on them both, which works most of the time. With Rajin I'm able to use blind, though this doesn't stop him using attacks on me, it just reduces the possibility of getting hit. He, for some reason, doesn't hit Selphie (he says he won't hit girls and has never hit her in the battle with Fujin).

I stupidly forgot about the Brothers GF and didn't pick it up way back at the beginning of the game.

Does anyone have any suggestions!?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Alright, so make sure you draw Pandemona from Fujin and then concentrate on defeating them. Both of them are weak to poison and sleep so you might want to junction Bio to Elem-Atk and sleep to ST-Atk. You can draw Protect from Raijin and cast it on your party to reduce damage. Mug them if you like for free items, then put them to sleep and keep casting your GFs (except Quetzacoatl because Raijin will absorb the Thunder damage) - by using GF and magic attacks you can harm them without waking them from sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have 'Bio'. I have sleep. I don't get how to junction it to ST-Atk though. I never really understood the whole 'junction to' thing (no idea how I have got this far without knowing that!)

Thanks for the advice!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    One of the GFs (I don't know which) will provide ST-Atk as an ability you can learn from them. As far as junctioning goes, it just allows you to attach magic to your stats in order to boost them. Some magic is stronger than others and holds an affinity with a specific stat (e.g. Haste works well for boosting Speed; others are generic, e.g. Triple).

Nice to see someone still playing this great game.

ReputationRep:
    What weapon you currently have on Squall? Try to get Squall to limit break health and use shell + protect on him, use other character to ensure constant heal and third to use GFs or to draw magic from them. That how I used to do it, if you don't have Lion Heart on Squall and have a save point somewhere on Disc 1 you can easily get it (tho you have to return to the point where you fight the GF brothers). Ensure you have good damage junction on Squall. When using limit breaks on Squall make sure to use the 'trigger' if you are playing on Windows the trigger is on E. Using trigger will boost your damage. Plus if you have spells like Haste you can use them on your characters so they hit more often.

In order to junction make sure your GFs have the ability to boost ST-Atk and Elem-Atk. If not try to level that ability before fight (equip the GF, select the skill and do some quick fights). Try not to depend on GFs as your main source of damage as later on in the game you may struggle.

If you can't do it with weapons and limit break and have haste just use it first, use shields and just hide behind GFs (make sure that they have full health before the fight starts).

Good luck!
    Marcin

Get card-refine and item-refine abilities, refine mid-high level magics (quake, demi, tornado, triple etc.) from cards, refine Curaga from tents, junction curaga to HP, other magics to strength (you can also stick 100 protect / shell on vitality / spirit, but that's overkill, the HP boost will be plenty). Proceed to pwn every battle all the way up until the middle of disc 3. Ossems.

If you want super overkill, put the strongest str-junction on Squall, get his HP into the yellow and use Renzokuken repeatedly.

The first half of FF8 is broken once you know how to junction, basically. You can get these magics straight after the SeeD exam, before getting on the train.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh I got stuck on this one too.

I'd use the shell + protect + Squall limit break approach.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.