Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys, I am a UK student heading to Sydney in a couple months to undertake a placement (un-paid internship) with a designer for 6 months. I can't apply for my student loan as my course isn't a 'Sandwich Course' and I am having to take a year of leave from university to take this placement. Therefore, making me an un-official student according to Student Finance. Does anyone know of any funding help I can apply for, for my placement year? I was told by another student that when they completed a placement they were able to claim back their expenses such as flights as it was to enhance their degree and future career, via Student finance. However, I am struggling to find this information myself. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.