Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just found out now is the time to apply for student loans. I'm starting in September and if I don't get the loan by then there is NO WAY for me to pay for the course. I'm an EU citizen, as far as I know eligible for a loan. I tried to set up an account on directgov.co.uk (that's where I ended up starting from the SFE website) everything was going fine, but in the end there was some error and I was unable to set up the account. It said that it might be a system error and I should try again later. I've been trying all day, no idea what to do :confused:
    Could someone please help?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Confused,

If you have not been resident in the UK for 3 years then you need to apply using an EU paper application form which will be available to download from http://www.gov.uk/studentfinance later this month.

Applications take around 6 weeks to be processed.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, it helps a lot.
    I'm just worried that it won't get to SFE on time (knowing my country's post, it usually takes a month for a letter to reach the UK). Could you tell me when these forms will be available?
    I know I'm overreacting a bit, but I won't be able to study without some funding, so it's really important.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi again confused,

I don't have an exact date unfortunately but keep an eye on our twitter feed as I'll announce the exact date on there as soon as I know.

Thanks!
    Mark

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I really appreciate your effort here

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.