The Student Room Group

Keele or Glamorgan?

I'm trying to make a decision between Keele and Glamorgan, as to which I should put as a firm and insurance choice?

I'm planning on studying Forensic Biology, which has the enry grades of BBB at Keele and BCC at Glamorgan. Logic says put Keele first as it is higher, but there are many aspects of Glamorgan which I prefer, and it also offers a bursary. An additional issue is that its fairly obvious my family would rather I go to Keele, and although I shouldn't let this have a large impact on my choice, I still value their opinion and don't want to disappoint them.

Does anyone have any comments about either uni or the course there? Any advice on the choices?
Reply 1
You've got it all figured out really, you know what advice people will give you.
'go for the one with the higher grades' but that's not the point. your firm should be the one you want to study at the most.

I'm a student at Keele myself, so if you've got any questions about Keele feel free.
What is it you prefer about Glamorgan?
Don't let your family hold you back from moving away. It's difficult to let go and accept that you're moving away for both yourself and your family but you can all come to terms with it fairly quickly.
I'm from Stoke-on-Trent but I still moved into Keele because it's the best thing, it really helps you to adapt to university life.

Just go for what you want to do.
because realistically, it doesn't matter what you put as your firm or insurance because it all depends on your grades.
If you get BCC on results day, then it wouldnt matter if keele was your firm because you'd probably be at glamorgan anyway.

the most important thing is considering which university it best for you.
Thankyou, I had a think about it and submitted Keele as my first choice about 2 days ago :smile:
It wasn't the distance, Keele is in fact a lot further away! Admittedly it was a tough choice, but I think I'll be happy either way!
Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 3
No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending