Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried he does not find me physically attractive. Watch

Long story short, I have been friends with this guy a year and we slept together a few times, and recently we decided to spend more time together to and see how things go. Things have been fine in that we have stayed at each other's and not had sex, just kissed etc and we have loads in common and we have a good time together, but I'm paranoid he doesn't find me physically attractive.

I guess it's because I know I'm not his usual type because I think he prefes the English rose type like Emma Watson and Keira Knightley. I've been told I'm good looking by males and females, but I wouldn't say I'm stunning, but I'm mixed race (half Jamaican) with the stereotypical black girl bum and I'm a size 10-12. Do you think I should be worried? It's this one thing that is at the back of my mind and making me paranoid

ReputationRep:
    If he didn't find you attractive, then you wouldn't be kissing each other.

Also, men are quite versatile creatures that can be attracted to all sorts of women be it skinny white posh girls or size 12 mixed race girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Long story short, I have been friends with this guy a year and we slept together a few times, and recently we decided to spend more time together to and see how things go. Things have been fine in that we have stayed at each other's and not had sex, just kissed etc and we have loads in common and we have a good time together, but I'm paranoid he doesn't find me physically attractive.

I guess it's because I know I'm not his usual type because I think he prefes the English rose type like Emma Watson and Keira Knightley. I've been told I'm good looking by males and females, but I wouldn't say I'm stunning, but I'm mixed race (half Jamaican) with the stereotypical black girl bum and I'm a size 10-12. Do you think I should be worried? It's this one thing that is at the back of my mind and making me paranoid
    well i think he does find you attractive or else he wouldnt be dating you!!! you should have more confidence on yourself;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If he didn't find you attractive he wouldn't have slept with you unless he was desperate for a shag.

ReputationRep:
    The other responses are right, if he didn't fancy you, he probably wouldn't have entered into this kind of relationship in the first place!
    Have more confidence in yourself, hun.
    Everyone is beautiful in their own way and I'm sure you're stunning
    At the end of the day, we can't help other people's opinions of us, but we can alter our own!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.