Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you give up 20 years of your expected life ... Watch

ReputationRep:
    ... in exchange for staying young/not aging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplerainn)
    No.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Nope, not a chance. I'd die in my sixties.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No. Your mind would mature over a sixty year period I'm sure. You'd be stuck in a young body with an older person's mind. Wouldn't fancy that.

You mean, say dying at 60 instead of 80, but in all those 60 years I'll look young?

I think that's a fair deal actually.
    So yes.

ReputationRep:
    No, not after reading what it did to Dorian Gray!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashazzz)
    No. Your mind would mature over a sixty year period I'm sure. You'd be stuck in a young body with an older person's mind. Wouldn't fancy that.
    What exactly is an older person's mind?

(Original post by Maid Marian)
    You mean, say dying at 60 instead of 80, but in all those 60 years I'll look young?

I think that's a fair deal actually.
    So yes.
    :yes:
    Personally, I'd say yes too. But only if my expected life was 70+

ReputationRep:
    So you're tellng me that I'll be able to keep drinking and indulging in gorgeous young women until I'm 60?

Yes please!

Your mind only matures because it is forced to

ReputationRep:
    I would... bit of a no brainer for me. Massively better quality of life in exchange for 20 years...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    No, not after reading what it did to Dorian Gray!
    you're my hero.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i love extreme sports and hate to think one day i'll be too frail to do them

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is an older person's mind?
    Say for example I accepted this offer. All of my friends would mature, start careers, get married have children etc etc while I remained as a teenager in university, clubbing, drinking and all that stuff for the rest of my life. Surely ten years after accepting the offer I would be sick of that lifestyle and would want to do what my friends that I started off with we're doing -thoughts that younger people don't really have.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Most people will say "No", because they're looking at retirement as the time they'll have all their fun, but in reality, they'll be laying on beeches doing f*** all when all the fun is to be had in your youth. As you get old, everything breaks down and starts falling off, you look awful...so I'd rather have another 20 years of being in my 20s if that's ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashazzz)
    Say for example I accepted this offer. All of my friends would mature, start careers, get married have children etc etc while I remained as a teenager in university, clubbing, drinking and all that stuff for the rest of my life.
    Well, there's way more stuff to do than that if you could retain your youth

Surely ten years after accepting the offer I would be sick of that lifestyle and would want to do what my friends that I started off with we're doing -thoughts that younger people don't really have.
    But you wouldn't just be any regular young person.

You'd be young only in terms of your body.

It's not definite you're inclined to avoid those thoughts just because your body remains youthful.

ReputationRep:
    No. Perhaps 5 or 10 years, but the thought of giving away all that time on Earth is abhorrent.

I'm already 20. That means I'd have my life so far again once, maybe twice. I'd be nearly middle-aged. Anyone can have fun at any age, it's just that most people give up being imaginitive by the age of 40.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to keep the body of a 25 year old for the rest of my life in exchange for dying in my 60's rather than 80's? Definitely yes, when you get that old you spent half your time in hospital, half your time sleeping and feeling weak constantly. I dread the day I can't go and out and do whatever the hell I like, so a complete no brainer to me.

ReputationRep:
    No. At the age of 60 your body is still reasonably fit and healthy anyway. You wouldn't be gaining much by staying young, and you'd have lost 20 years where you could be taking advantage of the perks of retirement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shorty94)
    you're my hero.
    I'm honoured!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably, with my generation's life expectancy being around the 90 mark my last 20 years will be boring as hell anyways. Might as well live a hard and fast life instead of a long but boring one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.