Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm a reapplicant to dentistry....i got 4 rejections the year before and i'm reapplying and taking a gap year...but I'm stuck on what i should have as a 5th choice incase i get 4 rejections again...

So what are alternative routes/pathways into dentistry OTHER THAN BIOMED

ReputationRep:
    Its going to have to be science based and it would be worth checking if the course you decide on is accepted by the unis you will apply to afterwards.

I did a course called Medical Physiology and got into Dentistry that way, I only decided on that career path during my second year of university so the whole process was new to me but it is very possible!

ReputationRep:
    Basically anything medical related and you should be fine. Physiology, pharmacology, anatomy, immunology, neuroscience, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gucci Mane2010)
    Its going to have to be science based and it would be worth checking if the course you decide on is accepted by the unis you will apply to afterwards.

I did a course called Medical Physiology and got into Dentistry that way, I only decided on that career path during my second year of university so the whole process was new to me but it is very possible!
    Hi Gucci Mane2010 which university did you apply to in order to change to dentistry because I don't think all unis will accept the change over. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    sorry I meant to say which uni were you studying at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aisha2204)
    sorry I meant to say which uni were you studying at?
    University of Leicester but I finished the degree before starting the dental degree. Applications are made at the end of your 2nd year so my preparation was mainly in year 2. Interviews and offers then came during year 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quibby)
    Hi i'm a reapplicant to dentistry....i got 4 rejections the year before and i'm reapplying and taking a gap year...but I'm stuck on what i should have as a 5th choice incase i get 4 rejections again...

So what are alternative routes/pathways into dentistry OTHER THAN BIOMED
    biomed , biochem , pharmacy, etccc:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Are there any ways in to the full Dentistry course by doing Dental Hygiene?

ReputationRep:
    There's the NVQ of dental nursing, which you could do, then at least if you do decide to become a dentist, you have a lot of experience as a dental nurse and may get accepted into Dentistry?

It's never too late, my Uncle went into the Dentistry BDS course at the age of 34!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.