Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thought I would make a thread for us lot who didn't quite make it this year but are going to have awesome gaps years and get in next year!!

What are you all planning to do in your gaps years? Despite being gutted that I didn't get in, I realised I get to spend an extra year with my dog!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Special Offer)
    Thought I would make a thread for us lot who didn't quite make it this year but are going to have awesome gaps years and get in next year!!

What are you all planning to do in your gaps years? Despite being gutted that I didn't get in, I realised I get to spend an extra year with my dog!
    Hiii I thought the same - I can spend another year with my guinea pig and chinchilla haha! I'm planning to fill in any work experience gaps during September-November, in July I am going to South Africa to work with a vet for 3 weeks and then after the work experience in November going to try and get a job wbu? Did you have any interviews? Were you a first time app?

ReputationRep:
    I was a first time app and I had an interview at Bristol and Liverpool and also applied to Notts and Edinburgh. How about you? I haven't really thought much about a gap year yet but Ill do work experience from sept-nov, then Ill probably get a paid job! I'd quite like to go abroad as well. Your trip to SA sounds awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I was a first time app and I had an interview at Bristol and Liverpool and also applied to Notts and Edinburgh. How about you? I haven't really thought much about a gap year yet but Ill do work experience from sept-nov, then Ill probably get a paid job! I'd quite like to go abroad as well. Your trip to SA sounds awesome!
    Ah okay, I was interviewed at Liverpool and RVC and had also applied to Notts and Bristol. Sounds good!! are you applying to the same ones this time?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure. I might apply to RVC instead of Edinburgh as I would have more time to prepare for the BMAT. I don't think I'm going to apply to Surrey though as they are only taking 25 for the first year!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, although the BMAT last year was horrendous but I'm sure you'll be fine not sure about notts this time tho, wasn't keen on the interview selection process:/? Yeah I'm not applying to Surrey either, we'd be the guinea pig year which isn't great!

ReputationRep:

Hiya I get to spend another year with my cat! I didn't get any interviews, wish i had though so i know what to expect next year! Iv'e got two weeks booked in large animal practice and i'm trying to find some sort of animal related paid job to get money to go travelling!
    How are you guys getting on with school stuff, my bio teacher is useless :mad: so i'm teaching myself at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    Despite being gutted about rejection this year, I'm happy to have another year to save some money...its all about the positivity and next time we will be luckier

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Just to give you some reassurance I was a fourth time app last year!
    Didnt get in previous times because my interview skills were just awful!
    Stuck at it and this year had offers from both Edinburgh and Liverpool!

So dont worry about reapplying, gap years are amazing! It will be weird with all your friends goiing to uni but I managed to keep in touch and see everyone and you make new friends on work exp

Good luck and if any of you have any questions feel free to message me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmah629)
    Hey guys! Just to give you some reassurance I was a fourth time app last year!
    Didnt get in previous times because my interview skills were just awful!
    Stuck at it and this year had offers from both Edinburgh and Liverpool!

So dont worry about reapplying, gap years are amazing! It will be weird with all your friends goiing to uni but I managed to keep in touch and see everyone and you make new friends on work exp

Good luck and if any of you have any questions feel free to message me!
    Hey random question but did you go to usk vets by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    I do indeed!

When were you there?

Small world haha

ReputationRep:
    lol I thought your story sounded familiar, I was only there for a week last summer and you came in in the afternoon when two vet students were there (hannah and sara) you may not remember me, Im the one on the access course, doing a bit of a career change! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassie95)
    Hiya I get to spend another year with my cat! I didn't get any interviews, wish i had though so i know what to expect next year! Iv'e got two weeks booked in large animal practice and i'm trying to find some sort of animal related paid job to get money to go travelling!
    How are you guys getting on with school stuff, my bio teacher is useless :mad: so i'm teaching myself at the moment!
    One of my bio teachers is useless too! Luckily my other teacher is great and I have him more often!! Not looking forward to maths exams though! I havent got any work experience planned yet but hoping to volunteer at the dogs trust near me as I will finally be old enough nect year (one of the disadvantages of being born in june!!) Need to get a paid job as well as I really want to go travelling too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Rachel123*)
    lol I thought your story sounded familiar, I was only there for a week last summer and you came in in the afternoon when two vet students were there (hannah and sara) you may not remember me, Im the one on the access course, doing a bit of a career change! x
    Were you doing something at Nottingham?

I can vaguley remember if im thinking of the same person!

How are you doing?! Ive always thought it a tad weird that ive seen so many people but not bumped into them on here! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmah629)
    Were you doing something at Nottingham?

I can vaguley remember if im thinking of the same person!

How are you doing?! Ive always thought it a tad weird that ive seen so many people but not bumped into them on here! x
    lol no Im at newport university doing science access x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm going to do a bunch more work experience placements, maybe go abroad and do something and hopefully get this job at a Vet practice I've been waiting out for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Rachel123*)
    lol no Im at newport university doing science access x
    Think I am confusing you haha Sorry, I would recognise you if I saw you!

Hows that going for you? Also sorry to hear you didnt get in this time (I am assuming you applied as your on the re-app page correct me if im wrong!)

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd join this thread after recieving my notts rejection today :/

Anyways I'm a reapp already, next year will be my 3rd time applying, this year I've spent re-taking chem and maths after only getting Bs and took up geography to A2 after dropping it at As. I've done a little work experience but nowhere near as much as I would have liked to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccac94)
    Thought I'd join this thread after recieving my notts rejection today :/

Anyways I'm a reapp already, next year will be my 3rd time applying, this year I've spent re-taking chem and maths after only getting Bs and took up geography to A2 after dropping it at As. I've done a little work experience but nowhere near as much as I would have liked to
    Welcome to the thread!! Sorry to hear you didnt get in again! Must be so fustrating for you! Have you got any plans for your second gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the thread!! Sorry to hear you didnt get in again! Must be so fustrating for you! Have you got any plans for your second gap year?
    I'm planning on doing as much work experience as possible up to around december then maybe getting a job and going travelling What are you planning???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.