Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone live in Lewes East Sussex/knows anyone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Okay so I just got tickets for a festival in Lewes (19/21st July) and all the close B&Bs/hotels/hostels are fully booked up. The closest available hotel is 6 miles away and will cost like £200 for 2 nights for 2 people plus a hell of a lot more money getting to the festival and back each day.

I am looking into couch surfing. Does anyone know any couch surfers around this area or have a garden that can fit a tent in? (money & entertainment will be provided )

Any help appreciated as I am desperate- the thought of sleeping in a car for 2 nights or spending £200 for a bed kinda makes me wanna die a little.

Love love x

ReputationRep:
    Get a hotel in Brighton - pretty sure there must be space in Premier Inn or one of the other large cheap ones and there's no way they can be charging £200 for two nights. Lewes is 10-15 minutes away by train and you can walk to the station from Premier Inn.

Edit: Fair enough, just checked it out and you're right about the prices. Didn't realise how expensive it was to visit this place!

As an alternative suggestion, you could bring a tent and camp?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Thanks for your reply. There are no camping tickets/spaces available so that is not an option unfortunately. We have managed to book the last room in a hotel 8 miles away. Its a little cheaper about £160 for 2nights 2 people plus lots of taxi fares eek!. Oh well. ;/

Thank your for your help! x

(Original post by Josh93)
    Get a hotel in Brighton - pretty sure there must be space in Premier Inn or one of the other large cheap ones and there's no way they can be charging £200 for two nights. Lewes is 10-15 minutes away by train and you can walk to the station from Premier Inn.

Edit: Fair enough, just checked it out and you're right about the prices. Didn't realise how expensive it was to visit this place!

As an alternative suggestion, you could bring a tent and camp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meow13meow)
    Hey, Thanks for your reply. There are no camping tickets/spaces available so that is not an option unfortunately. We have managed to book the last room in a hotel 8 miles away. Its a little cheaper about £160 for 2nights 2 people plus lots of taxi fares eek!. Oh well. ;/

Thank your for your help! x
    No worries, I'm sorry that I couldn't be more helpful. I would have offered you my couch but I'll be back in Hove by the Mumford and Sons concert so I don't think that would have been too helpful...I should be volunteering there though so you might see me!

Glad you got something sorted at least, hope you enjoy the concert x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.