Turn on thread page Beta

What chance? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is there any chance of getting into King's with anything less than a B as your AS level, with your 3 a-levels being at A.
    What do they mean by "exceptional circumstances" on the kcl site?

ReputationRep:
    u really should tell us what subject your applying for.

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon they will accept ABC for maths when the offer is ABB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred0202)
    My offer's ABC...

ReputationRep:
    i doubt they will - i just dont see why they would

ReputationRep:
    If you have an A in Maths, then yes, I am pretty sure they would actually.

ReputationRep:
    If I do apply it will have to be through clearing, do they have many places for clearing. After saying all this I've still got to get an A in Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i doubt they will - i just dont see why they would
    But surely if his Maths was strong though, then this would be ok.

ReputationRep:
    If I do apply it will have to be through clearing, do they have many places for clearing. After saying all this I've still got to get an A in Maths.
    Concentrate on that then - It isn't an easy task - And this applies to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, they claim they don't accept places in Clearing (or is that transfers) but they were looking last year. It's maths, it's undersubscribed, there'll be places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Concentrate on that then - It isn't an easy task - And this applies to anyone.
    I don't know, personally I know for sure I can get the remaining 127/200 I need from P2 and P3...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    But surely if his Maths was strong though, then this would be ok.
    so if i apply to lse for economics if i get an a at economics but the other grades an a and a b, they wont get me in will they even that im amazing at economics because the requirement is aaa

ReputationRep:
    I've already got a grade B in Maths but I am retaking 2 AS modules. The thing is that I have 243 points for the A2 modules and only 219 points for the AS modules, my AS is pulling me down a bit.

ReputationRep:
    so if i apply to lse for economics if i get an a at economics but the other grades an a and a b, they wont get me in will they even that im amazing at economics because the requirement is aaa
    They'll want an A in maths, that's the priority. An A in economics would sure help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    They'll want an A in maths, that's the priority. An A in economics would sure help.
    even if i get economics a and maths a , but lets say geography b i still have 0 chance at lse

ReputationRep:
    I will depend on how the rest of their firm acceptance students did. if the national grade average is crap, then may be, how ever if they can fill their course with people who met their offer, not a hope in hell....

ReputationRep:
    even if i get economics a and maths a , but lets say geography b i still have 0 chance at lse
    I think the As in those subjects should be strong. They should take the B, maybe not a C though. You'd have a strong healthy chance with As in maths and economics.

ReputationRep:
    Maths would still be important though, definitely for Economics at a top uni of the calibre of LSE.

LSE is also extremely competitive as well (for Economics), Maths on the other hand is under subscribed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I will depend on how the rest of their firm acceptance students did. if the national grade average is crap, then may be, how ever if they can fill their course with people who met their offer, not a hope in hell....
    Let's not forget that many put KCL as an insurance to fall back on should they not meet their offers from the big 5. I think there'll definitely be places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Let's not forget that many put KCL as an insurance to fall back on should they not meet their offers from the big 5. I think there'll definitely be places.
    But they have an obligation to take people who failled to meet their firm but met their insurance offer for KCL, but no obligation to take firm offers if they miss their grades.....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.