Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anybody got any ideas about starting a university boxing club? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting at Keele University in August and it doesn't have a boxing club at the moment; and I would like to keep training. I started over two years ago, at my old university. Anybody got ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I go to Exeter Uni and we have an established boxing society. The guys set it up unofficially so it wasn't part of the student union but they managed to get it legit. Best thing to do is talk to the union and start seeing if they'll let you make a boxing society. You also need to prove that there will be enough interest for them to afford to run it, but I'm sure they will -- it's really popular here!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to the union and talk to a local club to see about getting a trainer.

That said, if you are just wanting to carry on training yourself - why not just join a local club? It might be a bit of a faff to set up your own university club.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.