Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm travelling with a friend to Peru this summer for a month to do voluntary work. We will have to change flights twice to get to our destination. We're not really savvy in this area, can anyone who has done something similar recommend whether to book flights straight with an airline/airlines or whether to use a travel agent? Have looked at some potential flights on airline web pages and they cost nearly a grand :eek:
    We're on a student budget of course, so obviously the cheaper the better, that's what I'm really trying to get at, although if one is particularly less hassle-prone or any other pros/cons would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

I'd recommend looking at Skyscanner, Kayak and STA and compare the prices with booking direct with the airline

Definitely go straight to the airline, that's how you'll get the best prices, or use a comparison site that'll guide you to the cheapest travel companies. I've always found Skyscanner to be the best personally.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.