Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    If you are resident in Wales and you want to study in London are you less eligible for loans/grants than a person resident in England?
    Do you receive less?

    Loan = no. You will be eligible to the same amount in student loan as an English person. Which I always find unfair (even whilst I did my UG degree) as my fees with the Welsh Grant was £1,200... the English person next to me was £3,300. Yet both of us were eligible for a loan of £3,300!!

    Grants/Bursaries = by in large no. There are a few e.g NHS bursaries are only available for English students only. But if you are applying to just a general Uni grant, you should be ok.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.