The Student Room Group

Can a uni ask for higher grades than the predicted ones?

Yep, basically I applied for a course through UCAS, and got an email straight from the university stating that I got rejected (no UCAS update), but in this email they also said that they passed the application to another department and that they would have given me a conditional offer for a similar course. Now today I received the update on UCAS and I found out that they asked for higher grades than I had predicted for my initial course. They offered to call me to answer some questions so I'll be hearing from them next week. What should I say? But anyway the question was... Can they do that? Isn't that like wasting a place since it will be hard for me to get higher grades than the ones I predicted?

Thanks in advance.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
I'm not sure if others are the same but im predicted AAC and have an offer for AAB so I'm guessing they can do that.
some people may be predicted AAA but only get ABB whereas a person predicted ABB could end up with AAA, so predictions are only useful to a certain extent i guess, after all it is only a prediction not a definate grade
Reply 2
Oh I see... Mine went from B to A... It's a bit late now.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Yes they can, it's happened to my friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending