Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Say on gumtree there's an advert for a tangible product and the seller states s/he's willing to sell for approx £200, is that an invitation to treat, a tender, or a contract to anyone who pays any figure near £200?

I'd imagine an invitation to tender will actually say on the advert it's an invitation to tender, and will accept any offer above £200.

What happens if I pay £199 or £201? Can the seller refuse to sell? Can someone point me toward some case names for this? This is just a small part of an essay I'm writing. Not asking others to write it for me. Could use some help though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Social Science Helper)
    Hi! Maybe we can help with your question.

On Marked by Teachers, teachers and top students analyse all sorts of Social Science work to give you an inside look at how it's done. Come and visit our Social Sciences section on Marked By Teachers and use this analysis and advice to write your own masterpiece at GCSE, A-level, IB, or university level!

We're TSR's sister site, so you're sure to feel right at home straight away. Just take our free tour to find out how Marked by Teachers works.

Thanks!
    Your Social Science study helper
    No thanks. I got the help I need by pretending I'm some victim who's loaded and willing to pay solicitors to help me. Got several solicitors more than happy to help, not knowing I was actually asking for essay help lol. Hanged up before they got to my bank details.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.