Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Alter Bridge/Mark Tremonti fans? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely LOVE Alter Bridge! The moment I first listened to them I just knew there was something different about them, and they instantly became my favourite band. Also, I am an A level music student and nearly all of my compositions have some Alter Bridge-y element to them, probably because of Mark Tremonti, who is my all-time favourite songwriter/guitarist and maybe even my favourite musician.

I'd love to hear your opinions of Alter Bridge, favourite songs/albums etc.

ReputationRep:
    ABIII is by far my favourite album by them.

ReputationRep:
    never heard of them before, but saw mark tremonti supporting slash in october, thought he was absolutly fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluester)
    never heard of them before, but saw mark tremonti supporting slash in october, thought he was absolutly fantastic!
    Yeah I was so looking forward to that gig, but it sold out in my area almost instantly. I was devastated!
    Also, ABIII is Alter Bridge's most recent album and, in most people's opinions, the best, so I'd recommended you give it a listen. y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CipherOfHate)
    Yeah I was so looking forward to that gig, but it sold out in my area almost instantly. I was devastated!
    Also, ABIII is Alter Bridge's most recent album and, in most people's opinions, the best, so I'd recommended you give it a listen. y
    unlcky, i got them in the pre-sale it was an amazing night i will do, if its as good as what he played live i cant wait

ReputationRep:
    I met AB in 2008, such lovely down to earth guys. We had chips backstage and they played some new songs for us (now released 'Isolation' and 'All Hope is Gone' from ABIII).

Definitely my favourite band - have seen them 4 times in total and hope to see them end of 2013 when they play with Halestorm!

ReputationRep:
    Love AB, seen them live twice - they were immense!

They're on tour in October with two of my other favourite bands - Shinedown and Halestorm! Anyone else going?
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    There are no words how epic this song is :rock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    Love AB, seen them live twice - they were immense!

They're on tour in October with two of my other favourite bands - Shinedown and Halestorm! Anyone else going?
    Just booked my tickets for Manchester yesterday! I also really like Shinedown and Halestorm so it's going to be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CipherOfHate)
    Just booked my tickets for Manchester yesterday! I also really like Shinedown and Halestorm so it's going to be great!

See you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise4)
    See you there
    Awesome! Just waiting for my tickets to get here now, I saw AB in Newcastle last time they came but they're not coming here on this tour. Definitely worth the travelling to hear some of their new songs though

ReputationRep:
    Was that with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators?

ReputationRep:
    Was that with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators?
    yep there were amazing!!!! tremonti came on to play with them in the encore, fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    yep there were amazing!!!! tremonti came on to play with them in the encore, fantastic!
    Wowwwww that is awesome! I didn't get that privilege when I saw Slash in March but it was one of the best concerts i'd ever been to! Tremonti is an amazing guitar player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    I met AB in 2008, such lovely down to earth guys. We had chips backstage and they played some new songs for us (now released 'Isolation' and 'All Hope is Gone' from ABIII).

Definitely my favourite band - have seen them 4 times in total and hope to see them end of 2013 when they play with Halestorm!
    So jealous of you!

ReputationRep:
    Wowwwww that is awesome! I didn't get that privilege when I saw Slash in March but it was one of the best concerts i'd ever been to! Tremonti is an amazing guitar player
    definatly one of my favorite too, slash with his new band really know how to put on a show and he is still one of (if not the) best guitarists on the planet! having said that, tremonti is fantastic as well with a different style and i would definatly want to see him live agaib

ReputationRep:
    definatly one of my favorite too, slash with his new band really know how to put on a show and he is still one of (if not the) best guitarists on the planet! having said that, tremonti is fantastic as well with a different style and i would definatly want to see him live agaib
    Yeah Slash is a cool dude, i was watching a video when a crazed fan ran onto the stage and tried to attack him, Slash fell and got straight back up and carried on playing! Now when someone threw a little stone at Axl Rose he stopped the whole show and had a ***** fit! That shows true showmanship! Yeah the band were great also! Did you like Creed then, the old band Tremonti was in? And have you listened to Alter Bridge yet?

That shows true showmanship! * On Slash's part!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Slash is a cool dude, i was watching a video when a crazed fan ran onto the stage and tried to attack him, Slash fell and got straight back up and carried on playing! Now when someone threw a little stone at Axl Rose he stopped the whole show and had a ***** fit! That shows true showmanship! Yeah the band were great also! Did you like Creed then, the old band Tremonti was in? And have you listened to Alter Bridge yet?

That shows true showmanship! * On Slash's part!
    i have started to listen to alter bridge, only just realised that they are myles band away from the slash project im impressed i must say, think they have made some fantastic stuff and have a real unique sound

completely agree about axl though, i loved them in the old days but i wouldnt bother with guns n roses now and i havent listened to chinese democracy

listening even more (to alter bridge) i really like it! so my question to other fans - if i go to buy one album, which on should i buy?

ReputationRep:
    i have started to listen to alter bridge, only just realised that they are myles band away from the slash project im impressed i must say, think they have made some fantastic stuff and have a real unique sound

completely agree about axl though, i loved them in the old days but i wouldnt bother with guns n roses now and i havent listened to chinese democracy

listening even more (to alter bridge) i really like it! so my question to other fans - if i go to buy one album, which on should i buy?
    I guess it depends on where you want to start. If you want to start from the beginning, One Day Remains is their first album. There's some pretty amazing stuff on there. But if you want the best one, you should definitely get ABIII. For me, that album's completely faultless from start to end.

All their albums are more or less perfect in my opinion though, so I guarantee whichever one you get, you'll want the other ones pretty soon after!

ReputationRep:
    Love Alter Bridge and these types of American rock bands, one of my favourite bands after Shinedown and I was desperate to get tickets for their show in the Autumn but didn't get them :/ I still love Alter Bridge though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.