Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I am 18 years old, 19 this September.

    It's a little bit complicated, so this is what things are like:

    2010: Did my IGCSE in Pure Biology, Chemistry and Physics and O-Level Art.

    2011: Left high school and went to do BTEC HND Graphic Design (Advertising) at art college.

    (My interest lies in both art and science (Neurology and Biotechnology). However, I was very confused which path shall I go to. Since I was born with an artistic trait (not being boastful, but I can say that I draw quiet well) and I have several more interest in the art and design related subjects (drawing, painting, creative writing, copy-writing, illustration and photography), I decided to go for art. I thought, when you have a skill for something, you shouldn't waste it right? Because not many people have the skill to draw and such.

    Another reason is that I always fail at Math, even though I did very well in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (strange isn't it?). I fear Math and I thought that if I go for science, I would fail my whole University course because of my Math score.)

    2012: First year bachelor degree doing Graphic and Media Design at the University of Arts London
    (Things went good so far. I work as a freelance artist and had experience as a photographer for Oxfam, Dorothy Perkins and Topshop. That's pretty lucky I guess, considering how hard is it to get a job nowadays.)

    2013: I have growing passion for Medical Science, especially in the Neurology field. I have read a lot of books about it and I wish to learn more and more.

    So, I am wondering if I can get into a University to study Neurogloy since I do not have any qualification?

    If you want to study medicine, biology, chemistry or a related field to degree level you'll need to get the required A-levels (chemistry & biology is usually sufficient). For medicine you'll need those A-levels + another to a high standard (> or equal to AAA).

    I'd recommend taking time to think about what you want to study, and then review the university websites for their differing requirements for the course you're interested in.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.