Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The repratriation of South Asians - Surely everyone benefits? watch

ReputationRep:
    Given the fact that Indians and Pakistanis represent the largest ethnic minority in Britain and the fact that this region is experiencing an unprecedented economic boom at the moment, surely now is the time to say enough is enough? Taking in to account the fact that this group were involved in 7/7, routinely abuse their own and our women, impose their backward traditions on our society without any flexibility and encourage preferential hiring - surely its time they returned to their own (rapidly prospering) countries.

This mass repatriation is absolutely vital in getting not only our own young people and chavs off of benefits and back in to work, but also so that young asian professionals can help out their own people and reduce the brain drain which currently afflicts their society. They will also then be at liberty to practise honour killing and marital rape to their hearts content - if they wish to do this in their own land, frankly why not?

I must make it clear that I am in favour of reducing third world poverty (if foreign aid helps reduce immigration, then fair enough) but when a country has a space programme and does all that IT *******s surely its time to call it a day.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a matter of kissing ass so we can get first in line for raw materials.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennies4life)
    Given the fact that Indians and Pakistanis represent the largest ethnic minority in Britain and the fact that this region is experiencing an unprecedented economic boom at the moment, surely now is the time to say enough is enough? Taking in to account the fact that this group were involved in 7/7, routinely abuse their own and our women, impose their backward traditions on our society without any flexibility and encourage preferential hiring - surely its time they returned to their own (rapidly prospering) countries.

This mass repatriation is absolutely vital in getting not only our own young people and chavs off of benefits and back in to work, but also so that young asian professionals can help out their own people and reduce the brain drain which currently afflicts their society. They will also then be at liberty to practise honour killing and marital rape to their hearts content - if they wish to do this in their own land, frankly why not?

I must make it clear that I am in favour of reducing third world poverty (if foreign aid helps reduce immigration, then fair enough) but when a country has a space programme and does all that IT *******s surely its time to call it a day.
    Don't be so crass as to tar all Asians with the same brush.

Most Asians you see around you are second or third generation. They are British and many identify themselves as such. Would you take account of this view?

Or are you just being racist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexiswasmyNexis)
    Don't be so crass as to tar all Asians with the same brush.

Most Asians you see around you are second or third generation. They are British and many identify themselves as such. Would you take account of this view?

Or are you just being racist?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The London bombers were 2nd generation migrants with Yorkshire accents. Its still fairly common for 2nd/3rd gen females to be paired off with old men from the villages of Pakistan.

At the end of the day the people who have been here the longest must come first (i.e. stereotypical anglo saxon celts). Thats only right and proper.

ReputationRep:
    you poohead

ReputationRep:
    The London bombers were 2nd generation migrants with Yorkshire accents. Its still fairly common for 2nd/3rd gen females to be paired off with old men from the villages of Pakistan.

At the end of the day the people who have been here the longest must come first (i.e. stereotypical anglo saxon celts). Thats only right and proper.
    So do you propose the repatriation of black people too?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't think any Indians were not involved in 7/7

Anyway, I like it here and there is nothing you can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    So do you propose the repatriation of black people too?
    No, they arent imposing their traditions in the same way, theres fewer of them etc..

ReputationRep:

So you are being racist. Glad that's cleared up.

The idea that your racial heritage should determine rights is ridiculous.

Perhaps if I am older than you I should be given preference? I have been in the country longer than you after all...

Perhaps if my family have paid more taxes we should be given preference? We have contributed more, after all...

Silly arguments centred around silly means of differentiating people.

Go back to the '50s where these views belong.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexiswasmyNexis)
    So you are being racist. Glad that's cleared up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    those sorts of buzzwords get bandied around too much

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to argue with you- I've made my point in my last post.

But discriminating on the grounds of race = racism. It isn't a buzzword: it's a definition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

If that's the case then we should deport all the children and young people under 30 or so, because they haven't been here as long as old people have.

Which of your ancestors happened to be born where is irrelevant to the person you yourself are. Giving yourself privileges because your family has lived in this country for centuries is no different to giving a member of the hereditary nobility privileges because his family has owned a title and a piece of land for centuries.

Over hundreds of years we have done our best to get rid of the legal distinction between nobility and commoners, with the sole exception of the Royal Family. Introducing a new legal distinction between ethnic Britons and the descendants of immigrants would be a complete reversal of the course that every civilised country in the world has set in an attempt to achieve a utopian society.

ReputationRep:
    Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not condoning 7/7, but both 9/11 and 7/7 were responses to our foreign policies. Whilst we should condemn 7/7, at the same time we should think about our foreign policies. Why is it that it suddenly matters that 300 or 3000 innocent British or American civilians are being killed, but thousands of innocent civilians don't get the time of day, because of *our* foreign policy?

Doctor Robert Pape explains

Did you know that the first documented suicide terrorists were Jews?

People of all races "abuse their own/women" In the west, women only really got rights in the 1920's for instance. That wasn't *that* long ago. I mean their are some people who are alive today (Granted not many), who know of the ills of the 1920's

BTW, as a country, Pakistan was about to have it's first female leader not too long ago, but she was sadly shot. Given that Pakistan has only been a country for 70 years, that's actually not bad going.

What "backward traditions" do you talk of? And how are they imposed? There are certain parts of Asian society that I criticise and certain aspects of British society that I criticise. You've got to be blind, not to know that we have problems in every society, which is why I like to live by some values from the east, and some from the west

What on Earth is "preferential hiring" Are you really saying that companies prefer to employ South Asians? And I was born here. Granted, I have the right to return to Pakistan, but I'd only go live there, if the economics makes sense.

The "young Asian professionals" were likely to be born here, and therfore paying taxes here. Your plan makes no economic sense. Why on Earth would you have them sent to Pakistan or India just because they have heritage there? I know that in Pakistan, only 5% of the population actually pay their tax, so there wouldn't really be any benefit to the people there, and you earn much more here. It makes no sense

Now tell me, do you realistically think that the chav on the street would be interested in being a doctor, or an engineer, lawyer, IT technician, scientist etc... ?

Your policy to deport professionals would just bankrupt the UK. At least you don't lose as *much* money when you deport the "unskilled" workes, but when you want to deport the people who pay 40% in taxes, you need to rethink what you're saying...

I am for reducing aid, but on different grounds. I see it as "soft power" I mean Britain had a field day when India rejected it's aid. Imran Khan in Pakistan shares my views on aid. "Aid" means that Pakistan is a "hired gun of the West" and it is "destroying Pakistan"

I think I read somewhere that the Welsh were actually here first ie: the actual natives, so your policy is to deport every one minus the Welsh?

At you, maybe. Not at others.... Good thing you're never going to be in power, because your "policies" are those made on emotion, and that of illogical emotion. They haven't been thought through. These policies would absolutely bankrupt the UK.

I mean the NHS would fall overnight. Good luck fixing that mess!

ReputationRep:
    Indians and Pakistanis aren't a homogenous group.

What about the people born here? Where do you plan to repatriate them to?

It seems to me as if you're saying "You're vaguely brown so lets send you off to a country where there are other brown people?"

ReputationRep:
    I have a better idea. List the 65 million inhabitants of this island in order of financial value. Kick out the bottom 32.5 million, ie. the below-average people. That way we'd get rid of the "white" detestable underbelly of society. Statistically, Pakistani and Indian children are academically superior to "Caucasian" children from low-earning families. Kick them all out whether they are British or not. We need superior people to make Britain great. Unfortunately, you'd probably be one of those that are kicked out but its for the greater good.

For goodness sake, this is the 21st century but society still lives as if it is the 19th century. Your proposition is just as ludicrous as mine (even though mine is economically better.)

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I understand the concern over the Islamic community, especially the ghettoisation and isolation of women, please do not bring the Indians into this!

The Indian community is well-integrated into British society in many ways. I know many 3rd/4th generation British Indians who act very British, but also have a respect and knowledge of their own culture. But, basically they are British and both sexes have the chance to succeed. They generally represent what immigration should be. It's not very good to be a 3rd generation immigrant and not be British, but with a flavour and understanding of your heritage.

All to often though, this cannot be said about the 3rd generation of the Islamic community. You're making your women are wear a headscarf? Do you want to be British or not? When female British TV correspondants go to Islamic countries they wear a headscarf out of respect for their culture, how about letting your 3rd generation immigrant daughter actually be British?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habibul Bashar)
    Whilst I understand the concern over the Islamic community, especially the ghettoisation and isolation of women, please do not bring the Indians into this!

The Indian community is well-integrated into British society in many ways. I know many 3rd/4th generation British Indians who act very British, but also have a respect and knowledge of their own culture. But, basically they are British and both sexes have the chance to succeed. They generally represent what immigration should be. It's not very good to be a 3rd generation immigrant and not be British, but with a flavour and understanding of your heritage.

All to often though, this cannot be said about the 3rd generation of the Islamic community. You're making your women are wear a headscarf? Do you want to be British or not? When female British TV correspondants go to Islamic countries they wear a headscarf out of respect for their culture, how about letting your 3rd generation immigrant daughter actually be British?
    Ahh yes. Wise words. It's not an Indian-related woman but a Muslim-related problem. I could easily point my finger to India where women get brutally raped as a result of centuries of misogyny but I won't because I am not foolish enough to condemn millions of people on the actions of a minority. Do you even know the purpose of the headscarf and under which conditions it can be voluntarily worn. Why would you post on a topic you know nothing about? You didn't even address the tendency of South-Asians (Indians included) to hire solely form their ethnic group... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol the op guy is a bitter frustrated racistt whining n moaning bout south asians like a weasel. jus shows the insecurity of racists, and we know they wud not be making these suggestions out in the open for every1 to see, which itself proves they themselves dont beleive what they say is right, becoz if ur argument is soo correct and right then y u scared to advocate it to the whole nation? y can u lot only say this on the internet which gives u anonymity and wont make no difference in reality?

all ur doing is showing the frustrations of racists and xenophobic ppl on the internet.

ReputationRep:

I can honestly say that this one of the most bigoted and uninformed posts that i have ever come across.

Firstly your entire premise is based on the notion that British people will fill the void left by them. Not only do we have significant numbers of native Britain's who are incompetent but you've not even looked at the areas that immigrants work in, instead focusing on the stereotypes. Consider for a second that the NHS has a labour shortage and good proportion of employees are Asian, do you really plan to send them back.

Secondly, you have failed to make a distinction within India let alone between India and Pakistan. India has wide regional disparity, produces a highly educated workforce (the types of people we want) and is not even all Muslim. Pakistan is largely Muslim but a ****hole. On top of that, most that you refer to were born here anyway.

The religion point is hardly a failure of them, it's a failure of our government in terms allowing division.

Infact this best sums up your entire idea (and i'm rarely this harsh so don't take it personally)...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.