Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you found out that your boyfriend or girlfriend had been cheating on you, what would you do? Would you consider giving them a second chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    No.

Trust is gone.

No trust, no relationship.

I stick by this, and followed through with this the one time an ex cheated on my. She tried to get back with me, I blanked her.

Until you are put in that horrible situation, you will not know how you will react. I'm glad I stuck to my gun.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no!

ReputationRep:
    No, never. I'm no doormat.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't. If someone cheated on me, I don't think I'd ever trust them again...

ReputationRep:
    I found out a month ago that my (ex) boyfriend has been cheating on me and my emotions have been all over the place. I know it sounds really silly but I still love him. I just can't forgive him for this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Studies show about half of girls do (source, my girlfriend's Cosmo!) in practise, but most say they won't. Dunno about guys, but I don't think I could. If she cheats, she isn't the girl I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wonder-Woman)
    I found out a month ago that my (ex) boyfriend has been cheating on me and my emotions have been all over the place. I know it sounds really silly but I still love him. I just can't forgive him for this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get rid my dear.

He doesn't give a damn about your feelings. If he did, he wouldn't have done it.

Please, please get rid. For your own dignity's sake. You take him back, he realizes you're a doormat, and he'll do it again.

I will rage if you come back here saying you got back with him and he cheats on you again.

ReputationRep:
    I know I sound really pathetic but I honestly don't know what to do. We were best friends before we got together and he took advantage of the fact that I wasn't a girlfriend who nagged a lot and instead let certain things slide. I've been in two minds about the situation. I'm so hurt but I don't feel that I can talk to anyone. I don't want to talk to my friends about this as I don't feel like discussing it with people I know. Slightly weird I know. For some reason I feel to ask strangers their perspective :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sad to hear that ^
    Cheating is becoming so common these days. You think you know somebody, you think the trust can never be broken. Then one day your whole life comes crashing down.

So true when they say it takes years to gain trust, yet just seconds to break it.

Answer to you thread - Heartbreaking as it may be NO...
    I know people who have given a second chance, but their relationship has never been the same since.

ReputationRep:
    Ask yourself is it worth being with the same guy again and worth all the heartbreak?

ReputationRep:
    If you agreed that you're exclusive and then they cheat, if you get back with them you're basically saying they can do what they want and you'll accept it because you love them.

To be honest though, you're either going to stay with them or you aren't, and if you still love them you will probably stay with them. It's not as easy in reality to just end it and walk away when your emotions are involved.

ReputationRep:
    If someone is going to cheat on you then they're not worth it and it clearly isn't meant to be. You'd have no trust in him and would probably become very paranoid which is understandable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icy Flame)
    Ask yourself is it worth being with the same guy again and worth all the heartbreak?
    This is something I've been trying to consider. I keep telling myself that there are guys who will remain faithful but I don't feel ready to let him go. I know it sounds silly but even if I don't stay with him I don't want him to be with anyone else. Lol it's funny because I always told myself if this was to ever happen to me I would be strong and do this but it's f*cking hard. Btw thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't take him back. I did once when I was 14. I know what you're thinking. 14 isn't an incredibly grown up and wise age....at all. True, I was all young and silly and caught up in my first proper boyfriend and I didn't know how to properly react or deal with it. Cheating seemed like a grown-up relationship problem!

My 16 year old boyfriend had gone to a party and got off with at least 5ish other girls - still don't really know to this day - and done whatever else with them. I was all confused and angry and hurt and it was all very new to me, so I tried to forget it happened because I wanted things to carry on as normal. Turns out I just couldn't let it go no matter how much I tried to forget or pretend it never happened. I know I was young, but I remember feeling genuinely crushed at the time. You would, wouldn't you, your first proper boyfriend as a teenage screwing you over?

Turns out, that irrelevant "relationship" has helped me see that the trust disappears, the anger remains and it's never forgotten. You might be able to get to the stage of not talking about it anymore, and thinking it's been let go, but it'll bubble up somewhere in an argument, which will probably become more frequent. The relationship falls apart. So, I just know now that if it happens again, unless there are specific situational circumstances to consider, I'll save myself the pain and hassle and time and just tell them to do one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    I will rage if you come back here saying you got back with him and he cheats on you again.
    Lol this made me

Grrr! It's so hard. I hate this situation. I'm just really emotional atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icy Flame)
    Sad to hear that ^
    Cheating is becoming so common these days. You think you know somebody, you think the trust can never be broken. Then one day your whole life comes crashing down.

So true when they say it takes years to gain trust, yet just seconds to break it.

Answer to you thread - Heartbreaking as it may be NO...
    I know people who have given a second chance, but their relationship has never been the same since.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wonder-Woman)
    Lol this made me

Grrr! It's so hard. I hate this situation. I'm just really emotional atm
    Fully understand your current emotional state. I've been there.

Just leave and forget. He doesn't deserve your love.

Don't follow your heart in this case, follow your head. Time is the best healer in this case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    :lolwut:
    I've seen no evidence for that, people seem to believe most social problems were invented in 1964 and have gotten ten times worse since. As long as creatures have had genitals they've used them irresponsibly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.