Turn on thread page Beta

changing to an FDA course in september but going back to do a BA after? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a bit of a kerfuffle. I applied for a BA degree in uni last year,got in, SFE was processed, unfortunately I'm unhappy on my course and decided to change to a FDA course this september, the fda is one year long and in the same uni, then I'm going to apply for a different BA course, again at the same uni. I decided to stay on this BA course I'm currently on only for this year since I've already gotten my grants and the 9k for the year has been paid to the uni. I'm just thinking what do I do in terms of SFE for next year? Do I tell them a change in my circumstance? Or do I just not reapply and then apply when I go on another BA course? I heard they give you one extra year for finance if you flop or fail the first year which I kindda have done lol. Also Is it possible for me to do the FDA for free aswell? They told me I have to fund 1500 pounds. I live in a single parent householdn and my mother doesn't work
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Faddenburg,

Unfortunately we won't be able to provide any financial assistance for the FDA year if you choose to study it.

Although you are still entitled to a full degree's worth of funding (as you've mentioned your current first year will count as your extra year) we can't fund one year foundation courses.

If this was considered as a year zero leading directly on to the BA then we would likely be able to fund it but we can't fund standalone years unfortunately.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    But since this is a year zero course (it will take me onto another BA) will I be eligible for funding?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Faddenburg,

If this is year 0 of a longer course then based on the information you've given me I would expect you to be entitled to funding. I would also advise you to apply as soon as possible to make sure this is definitely the case.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.