Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

More of a rant than anything, but I think I need help watch

Announcements

I'm in year 11, and my GCSE exams start in a month {13 May}. I'm finding it so hard to revise for everything -- I have 16 exams, which is twice the amount that most people have for some reason, I don't know why I have so many. I physically don't have the time to revise in depth for 16 exams unless I just don't sleep for two months, which obviously isn't possibly. I want to study medicine in the future, but deep down I know it'll never happen {I only have the grades, I don't have the social skills or the extra curriculars or the work experience}, and I can't find a back up plan that I'd at least want to do. I've done well in a few exams already, and apparently this means that I'm no longer allowed help: in several lessons recently I've been stuck, and the teachers have just told me to "start working or get out", even though I'm asking for their help. There are a few teachers that I could talk to, but I don't go back to school until April 15th, and I need to sort this out immediately before it stops me from doing well in my exams. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety a few weeks ago, but so far nothing has actually been done to help with that.

On top of all the school work, there are a lot of issues socially. I don't know why - and believe me, I've tried to figure this out - everyone hates me. Even people I've never met make Facebook posts and tweets about me, even though I've never even spoken to them or about them. Everyone at school hates me, even the people who pretend to be my friends {I've overheard 99% of them talking bad about me behind my back}. I don't really know what to do, because I can't cope with that anymore. I feel like nothing is ever good enough for anyone. In my last science exams, I achieved A*AB, and all anyone could do was laugh at the fact that I "only got a B in physics", and then everyone twisted my words and started a rumour that I was upset about getting an A* in chemistry. I really don't understand why everyone is so horrible, especially when most of these people failed their exams.

I don't think I'm even going to make it to my A Levels at this point.. It's all just too overwhelming and I feel so lonely all the time. Is there anything I can do or am I just doomed to a short life of failures and rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in year 11, and my GCSE exams start in a month {13 May}. I'm finding it so hard to revise for everything -- I have 16 exams, which is twice the amount that most people have for some reason, I don't know why I have so many. I physically don't have the time to revise in depth for 16 exams unless I just don't sleep for two months, which obviously isn't possibly. I want to study medicine in the future, but deep down I know it'll never happen {I only have the grades, I don't have the social skills or the extra curriculars or the work experience}, and I can't find a back up plan that I'd at least want to do. I've done well in a few exams already, and apparently this means that I'm no longer allowed help: in several lessons recently I've been stuck, and the teachers have just told me to "start working or get out", even though I'm asking for their help. There are a few teachers that I could talk to, but I don't go back to school until April 15th, and I need to sort this out immediately before it stops me from doing well in my exams. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety a few weeks ago, but so far nothing has actually been done to help with that.

On top of all the school work, there are a lot of issues socially. I don't know why - and believe me, I've tried to figure this out - everyone hates me. Even people I've never met make Facebook posts and tweets about me, even though I've never even spoken to them or about them. Everyone at school hates me, even the people who pretend to be my friends {I've overheard 99% of them talking bad about me behind my back}. I don't really know what to do, because I can't cope with that anymore. I feel like nothing is ever good enough for anyone. In my last science exams, I achieved A*AB, and all anyone could do was laugh at the fact that I "only got a B in physics", and then everyone twisted my words and started a rumour that I was upset about getting an A* in chemistry. I really don't understand why everyone is so horrible, especially when most of these people failed their exams.

I don't think I'm even going to make it to my A Levels at this point.. It's all just too overwhelming and I feel so lonely all the time. Is there anything I can do or am I just doomed to a short life of failures and rejection?

I can relate the anxiety parts. I am doing A-level and even though I do not experience bullying, it does not dismiss the lonely feeling and the stress of exams.
    I know you want to do well but it isn't worth your mental health. Recently, I have struggled with my anxiety but instead of letting it destroy me, I watched non stop 'Pretty Little Liars' to distract me and get my gripped into a storyline. I suggest this to make you feel comfortable (doesn't have to be this programme but something along the lines of a gripping activity like a book or something) this can distract your mind and give you the rest you need.
    Teachers don't always understand mental health and the impact it has. Mine know about my anxiety but for some reason my teacher marked my mark exam really hard (openly admitted to being 'stingy') even though she knows I work incredibly hard and the grade I received has sent me into no confidence. The best thing to do is maybe stay after school and let them see you work hard but are struggling (then they can't throw the whole, 'you dont work now you are struggling' excuse that isn't true half the time.
    Make sure you have time for your self & you don't have to have everything worked out at this age. I did but that's my anxiety. Just go with the flow and stick to things that make you happy.
    People are pure evil. Try to keep a humble and calm disposition and if you need to rant or anything, feel free to talk to me. There are always people to talk to, I struggle to go talk to someone I know about anxiety so if you want a stranger that is understanding then feel free to PM me.
    Best of luck with everything. Chin up & stay strong. It takes a lot to put things on here so well done.

(Original post by KirstBarlow)
    I can relate the anxiety parts. I am doing A-level and even though I do not experience bullying, it does not dismiss the lonely feeling and the stress of exams.
    I know you want to do well but it isn't worth your mental health. Recently, I have struggled with my anxiety but instead of letting it destroy me, I watched non stop 'Pretty Little Liars' to distract me and get my gripped into a storyline. I suggest this to make you feel comfortable (doesn't have to be this programme but something along the lines of a gripping activity like a book or something) this can distract your mind and give you the rest you need.
    Teachers don't always understand mental health and the impact it has. Mine know about my anxiety but for some reason my teacher marked my mark exam really hard (openly admitted to being 'stingy') even though she knows I work incredibly hard and the grade I received has sent me into no confidence. The best thing to do is maybe stay after school and let them see you work hard but are struggling (then they can't throw the whole, 'you dont work now you are struggling' excuse that isn't true half the time.
    Make sure you have time for your self & you don't have to have everything worked out at this age. I did but that's my anxiety. Just go with the flow and stick to things that make you happy.
    People are pure evil. Try to keep a humble and calm disposition and if you need to rant or anything, feel free to talk to me. There are always people to talk to, I struggle to go talk to someone I know about anxiety so if you want a stranger that is understanding then feel free to PM me.
    Best of luck with everything. Chin up & stay strong. It takes a lot to put things on here so well done.

I'll try the idea of distracting myself with a TV series, that sounds like it could work. Thank you for the response (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'll try the idea of distracting myself with a TV series, that sounds like it could work. Thank you for the response (:
    That's completely fine. I do have a post that says 'what do you do in an anxiety attack' which gives ideas on how to distract yourself and how others people react so if you want a group of people that understand and give advice, you can search it and join in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    gcses are piss easy don't over think it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.