Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think my flatmate likes but I'm not sure if she does. I'm female by the way. When we first started uni I caught her looking at my boobs, but I thought nothing of it because they're quite large whereas hers really aren't and I know it's normal for girls to look at each others' boobs just to admire them etc. She has done it several times and she looked at my crotch area or something, which made me begin asking myself whether she liked me.

She always sits with her legs crossed one over the other and the one on top is always pointing at me. We went on holiday together with some friends and she kept on pointing her leg at me. When I lay on my bed she took a seat on my bed next my feet. When I got up to take a shower she would often look at me and smile on the way out of the room when everyone else was asleep.

When we went to club on holiday, she our group of friends and I all danced in a circle and when she danced next to me our hands kept on accidentally touching and I always caught her looking at me from the corner of my eye when she moved to dance opposite me.Also, when she bought a drink she gave the rest to me when she was finished with it, despite one of our friends needing it more. She also tried to feed me some food. It was a pastry like thingy so she tore some off and I thought she was gonna hand it to me but she tried to feed it to me. I'm sure her leg has touched me a couple of times when we sat next to each other as well.

However, when we're left alone with each other we hardly talk. I don't think it's an uncomfortable silence, but I think it's weird because we'd be talking to each other and our other friends when they're around, but soon as they leave there's less talking between us.

Sorry for the essay and the rambling. I just had to get it out because I've been wondering all this time. Do you think she's just being super friendly or she's naturally flirtatious? Another one our flatmates, a guy, fancies her. He expressed his emotions and she said she just wanted to be friends, but if you saw how they act around each other you'd think that they both fancied each other so that's how she could be with me. She's bi, but mostly likes girls and I don't think our flatmates, including the guy who fancies her, know about that.

ReputationRep:
    Well, this could be something or it could be not. The important thing is - do you like her? Or are you into boys? If you're not a lesbian (or don't want to try it which I wouldn't advise since she's your flatmate) I'D just tell her of a boy you really like. Or just some guy you fancy. With that she'll know that you're not into her without hurting her feelings.

If you do like her that is another matter altogether though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arina162)
    If you're not a lesbian
    Or a bisexual...

Why are we an invisible sexuality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    Or a bisexual...

Attention seeking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    Or a bisexual...

Yeah, she might be bisexual. She might also be asexual, or into animals... I was just trying to help her and if I have to take every sexual orientation into consideration my post would have been about 10 times as long.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, she might be bisexual. She might also be asexual, or into animals... I was just trying to help her and if I have to take every sexual orientation into consideration my post would have been about 10 times as long.
    Sure, but bisexuality is much more prevalent among women than homosexuality is, so if you have to write one down, it should be bi.

Well, this could be something or it could be not. The important thing is - do you like her? Or are you into boys? If you're not a lesbian (or don't want to try it which I wouldn't advise since she's your flatmate) I'D just tell her of a boy you really like. Or just some guy you fancy. With that she'll know that you're not into her without hurting her feelings.

If you do like her that is another matter altogether though.
    Well, before I went to uni I thought myself to be heterosexual but then I became friends with a bisexual girl and thought that maybe I liked her, but then she left uni and now I see her only in a friendly way. I can imagine kissing a girl and maybe having sex with one, but I can't imagine having a relationship with a girl whereas I can with a guy. Also, I don't really check out any girls, but I check out guys a lot and I'm attracted to several guys in my classes and seminars.

Do I like her? Well, I'm confused. I don't know if I have 'feelings' for her just because I've never been in a relationship nor have had sex with anyone. My emotions are kind of confusing. I talk about guys in front of her, well it's mainly famous actors etc. who I find hot, but I think I give off a lesbian vibe for some reason...

I think I'll see how things go once I return to uni. Thanks for your advice.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, you think she likes you because her leg keeps on pointing at you? Ahahahahaa

When you two are alone, she might be nervous or not know what to say when she's around you, not sure?

Try to kiss her, if she rejects you, you know she doesn't like you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.