Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lets use this thread to help share research ideas about the section B side of BUSS4, not the culture part.

We get 3 questions in section B, we pick one.

Questions are about the theory in section B, but the hard part is gaining the research to help gain application and analysis marks.

So lets share any exam tips and research examples.

We should state the part of the spec we are talking about, and give research examples so other people can study them further.

Lets try and get a whole data base of examples so we all can go boss this exam in june

ReputationRep:
    My first research example

CSR -

Nestle have stared taking CSR and ethical approach, however people will argue that they are not an ethical comapny and have no ethical values, they are using CSR as a PR stunt.

Body shop - On the over hand are a pure ethical company from the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple1992)
    Lets use this thread to help share research ideas about the section B side of BUSS4, not the culture part.

We get 3 questions in section B, we pick one.

Questions are about the theory in section B, but the hard part is gaining the research to help gain application and analysis marks.

So lets share any exam tips and research examples.

We should state the part of the spec we are talking about, and give research examples so other people can study them further.

Lets try and get a whole data base of examples so we all can go boss this exam in june
    My teacher says something on leadership could come up.
    Also they have never set an exam question on contingency planning. So I guess revising those would be vital!

ReputationRep:
    Primark has recently announced its 1/2 year profit are up by large amounts, this shows that despite not being ethical, UK consumers still shop at primark. Therefore at the moment at least, lower prices are more favoured than ethical standards (this could just be for the fashion industry though)

ReputationRep:
    Anybody want to swap notes PM me with what you have and i'll send you some useful information i've found back. Im revising on my own (Taken a year out) so any help is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    On tutor2u they mentioned about researching mergers and takeovers so I have looked up the following businesses:
    SUCCESSFUL- Pixar and Disney merged in 2013.
    FAILED- Daimler Benz and Crysler failed to merge effectively due to large differences in corporate cultures, having different overall objectives and also due to Daimler being dictative over the merger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brodderz)
    Anybody want to swap notes PM me with what you have and i'll send you some useful information i've found back. Im revising on my own (Taken a year out) so any help is appreciated.
    I have loads of notes if you want
    Pm me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vonny101)
    Pm me
    Can you send me your notew via email please! Need help

ReputationRep:
    Pm me
    Can I please have your notes I don't have a clue ;(

ReputationRep:
    Pm me
    Can you send me them aswell, please I'm struggling so bad

ReputationRep:
    learn these !!

you dont have to know what companies did on the exact date at the exact time, this will make you tell a story about the company, just recall the major facts that will help you support your answer!!

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.ph...ction-b-topics

ReputationRep:
    Could you send them me?

ReputationRep:
    If you follow the link in this article it will show you the presentation tutor2u did at their conference and is quite helpful with examples:

http://beta.tutor2u.net/business/blo...ction-b-essays

ReputationRep:
    Pm me
    I'd be really grateful, if you could send me those, too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ada1197)
    I'd be really grateful, if you could send me those, too
    Id really appreciate it aswell

ReputationRep:
    These are our suggested case study firms for 2016 - hopefully something useful here

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/blog...welve-for-2016

Jim

ReputationRep:
    Pm me
    Hey, sorry but do you still have your notes?? Struggling to find case studies for Unit 4!

ReputationRep:
    i have loads of notes if you want
    pm me

please please please could you send them to me, im so so screwed!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    How would you lot go about answering this question? Im really struggling to know what points to include and application!
    To what extent does the success of a newstrategy depend on the leader? Justify your answer with reference to Nokia, Thomas Cookand/or any other businesses that you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Riley)
    These are our suggested case study firms for 2016 - hopefully something useful here

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/blog...welve-for-2016

Jim

Thank you very much for this and all your content in Tutor2u, they are very helpful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.