Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

English Literature - Choosing between Aberdeen, Edinburgh Napier and Stirling Uni. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there people.

I am delighted that I have received an accept to all applications via UCAS, and I am currently trying to figure out which of the abovelisted universities would suit me the most.

Through my research it's come quite clear to me that Aberdeen is the most prestigious university, Stirling at second and Edinburgh Napier being more of a practical university with many mature students. How that affects the literature study, I honestly don't know. I do know however, that Aberdeen assess more by exams than what the other two universities do.

Stirling University seems like a very good choice. But I'm very uncertain about the location. I've been by the castle, but not in the center itself, or at campus. Glasgow and Edinburgh are very accessible by bus, but I'm not sure that weighs up to living in an actual city, like Aberdeen and Edinburgh.

The main reason I applied to Napier is that it's located in a beautiful city, that I'd love to live in. But my general impression is that Napier would be an inferior choice regarding the university itself.

Aberdeen seems like a fantastic choice. It is a great university, located in an intriguing city. The english faculty is seemingly very good, listed as the 16th best place to study English in all of UK by The Guardian. Living at the Old Aberdeen campus with the departments and sports facilities just outside my door sounds like a dream.

So my mind is pretty much set on Aberdeen, but since I live in Norway and don't know so much first hand I'm very interested in hearing what you guys have to say about the universities and what you might know about the difference in curriculum, teaching or any other relevant factor that could impact my final decision. Realisticly, its a choice between Aberdeen and Stirling. Am I right?

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind...

Aberdeen is my ultimate decision.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.