Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do people think confident girls are better looking than they actually are? Watch

I've noticed that all the confident girls I know who are above average looking are known to be 'really hot', but the very quite/shy ones who are no worse looking are not. Not only that, there are a few very pretty girls I went to uni with who were very reserved and quiet and even though a few guys mentioned they were pretty, they were generally not noticed and didn't have reputation for being pretty.

Just to make it clear, I am not asking if guys find confidence attractive (because everyone knows they do), I'm asking if they subconsiously think a girl is better looking if they are confident. If that girl had an identical twin who was shy would she be considered pretty?

ReputationRep:
    Well I my self Am a strange exemption to the confidence rule, I like shy girls more. Maybe because I my self Am shy so loud confident girls make me nervous and so I feel more comfortable with shy people in general.

I'am really not the right person to answer this, what you describe is that one person that is the same level of attractiveness but is more attractive to me because they are shy, see I'am not the right person oh dam...

ReputationRep:
    There are different types of confidence. Girls don't have to be loud to show they are confident. The best combination is a girl who has the confidence to realise that she doesn't have to be loud (and unfeminine) to get noticed, but equally has the confidence to talk to new people and try new things.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.