Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Constantly tired, down and suffer from head aches Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

For the past week or so I've noticed that I've been suffering from tiredness, feeling somewhat down and head-aches.

I am getting enough sleep (I usually go to bed at 12 or 1, wake up at 9-ish), but it takes me a while to get moving. By the time I'm ready, it's 12, nearing to 1 pm, and most of the day is nearly gone! By which point, I'm feeling tired again. Occasionally I nap through the day, though I try to avoid this as I value my sleep at night more.

This is beginning to get me down as I have no motivation or enthusiasm for the things I used to enjoy. I'm also very irritable at times and I can control myself, but I don't think it's fair on people I live with.

Any advice, please?

ReputationRep:
    My friend is like that and he has Anaemia. It could be anything though, see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I'm no expert but what you decribed sounds like depression. My advice would be to just talk to someone. Friends, family or someone not that personal like a counsellor or a GP. I totally understand how you feel. It's incredibly hard to focus on work or anything like that when you don't even feel like doing things you enjoy.

Hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Hi all,

For the past week or so I've noticed that I've been suffering from tiredness, feeling somewhat down and head-aches.

I am getting enough sleep (I usually go to bed at 12 or 1, wake up at 9-ish), but it takes me a while to get moving. By the time I'm ready, it's 12, nearing to 1 pm, and most of the day is nearly gone! By which point, I'm feeling tired again. Occasionally I nap through the day, though I try to avoid this as I value my sleep at night more.

This is beginning to get me down as I have no motivation or enthusiasm for the things I used to enjoy. I'm also very irritable at times and I can control myself, but I don't think it's fair on people I live with.

Any advice, please?
    Maybe your diet could do with some improvements?

Removing all junk food and any excessively sweetly food for a while and drinking more water.

Not dwelling on Margaret's death to much....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Maybe your diet could do with some improvements?

Removing all junk food and any excessively sweetly food for a while and drinking more water.

Not dwelling on Margaret's death to much....
    Thanks, those are good ideas!

I felt extremely down yesterday for obvious reasons, I hope to reach a point where I can celebrate her life (87 glorious years), but at the moment I am in mourning.

ReputationRep:
    B complex vitamins from Holland and Barretts.

ReputationRep:
    You might feel a little bit dead in the recent days.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Any advice, please?
    Could be a few things like anaemia or depression you should go to the GP and get it sorted, hope everything is ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriajackson)
    Could be a few things like anaemia or depression you should go to the GP and get it sorted, hope everything is ok
    I've been better since this thread was posted thank you. I am getting more sleep and improving my thinking.

ReputationRep:
    I've been better since this thread was posted thank you. I am getting more sleep and improving my thinking.
    Oh that's good! Sorry I didn't realise this was from 2 weeks ago, I never look at the dates of threads haha

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, those are good ideas!

I felt extremely down yesterday for obvious reasons, I hope to reach a point where I can celebrate her life (87 glorious years), but at the moment I am in mourning.
    Well you seem to care more for her than her own children- the daily mail reported how she spent 2 of her last 3 Christmas' without her family (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Christmas.html)

I hope you get well soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConsciousWorker)
    You might feel a little bit dead in the recent days.
    Politically she is still alive!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.