Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Yes it is. They are owned by John Lewis' dept stores. Quality stuff though, excellent deli counters. Unfortuantely you only get them in posh places, though there has been more of a proliferation recently.
    I once tried shopping in selfridges food department, My loan was nearly gone in one shop, £8 for 6 mince pies or something stupid, it was all dead good though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Well I live in the arse end of nowhere so I'd have to head into town. But I get my meat from a top notch butcher and my fish straight from the docks, none of that supermarket crap.
    It's not crap, it's fresh.

ReputationRep:

Do you have re-useble bags. We've got a campaign about that at the moment.
    I have two of those 75p never-ever-break bags. Very good for taking books backwards and forward when vacating your room!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, freshly packed in ice and carted around for a few hours in the abck of a truck before lying on the shelves. I'd rather watch the boat coming in with my dinner thanks
    I wish I could do that. When I was in Cornwall I had a chance to, and I beat Rick Stein to a nice Halibut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I have two of those 75p never-ever-break bags. Very good for taking books backwards and forward when vacating your room!
    Which reminds me, i've got to move out at easter

ReputationRep:
    Rick Stein is God, quite simply. The best TV chef bar none. And halibut is the dog's
    I went to two of his restaurants in Padstow. They're all strategically named in accordance with the price.

Rick Stein's Cafe - expensive. Nice feel to it.

St Petroc's Bistro - more expensive. Rather pretentious, but excellent mussels and John Dory.

Seafood restaurant - very expensive. We only looked in the window.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't he trying to build some hotel complex or something in Bournemouth or somewhere or have I got my wires crossed?
    Newquay. Which is tacky.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Newquay virgin. Is it like Blackpool?
    Generally speaking, its the opposite end of the socio economic spectrum. There was a lot of talk about it turing into the UK equivalent of Faliraki. There's rather a lot of hoo rah henry's poncing about and surfing is really popular.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I would rather just go to Faliraki, it might actually be sunny there!
    Exactly! You can hardly rely on Cornwall.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! You can hardly rely on Cornwall.
    And besides, where's the fun in gettin drunk and arrested in Cornwall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    And besides, where's the fun in gettin drunk and arrested in Cornwall?
    Yeah, not in Faliraki though. I saw what the Greek justice system did to those plane spotters.

ReputationRep:
    £100.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is starting to scare me, £120 a week (Ollie), God knows how much I'll be spending!

ReputationRep:
    Food - £15 a week (thats the general tesco budget)
    Books - probably works out at £5 a week I try to budget for it and then when I have to buy a book I have enough money in the bank.
    General crap - £20 thats getting coffee with friends the occasional take away etc, and if I go out drinking in the week I will give my self an extra £10 to play with.

Clothes, CDs etc havent bought anything for ages.

If you are strapped for cash amazon market place is good for selling old text books, CDs etc.

Also if I buy a CD or DVD I only use cheap online shops. The cheapest ones I've found are
    http://www.cd-wow.co.uk DVDs are cheap and CDs are about £8.99
    http://www.101cd.com
    and http://www.cdjungle.co.uk - they have some chart CDs usually for £6.99 which is tons better than amazon or the highstreet.
    If its an older CD I want I generally get second hand from amazon market place or ebay. Same with textbooks I check the second hand ones online first before I splurge on a new one.

ReputationRep:
    I've worked out a proper budget now.

Food ~ £100
    **** ~ £45
    Bills (inc everything) > £100 I think, hard to tell.
    Sky TV ~ £10
    Travel ~ £10
    Booze (not including binge nights) ~ £20
    Misc ~ £20

I didn't think I had that much money.

£45 on ****... give it up... give it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    £45 on ****... give it up... give it up.
    Yes, male giggolos are not the answer.

ReputationRep:
    baaaaby give it up, na na na na or whatever.

Yeah maybe I should but I'm completely weak willed and too dependent on it at the moment.
    Have you not seen the new 'no smoking' ads?

ReputationRep:
    baaaaby give it up, na na na na or whatever.

Yeah maybe I should but I'm completely weak willed and too dependent on it at the moment.
    That;s £45 you could spend on meat. Or present for your ladyfriend (that's a GOOD idea).

ReputationRep:
    Thats £45 a week you could spend on fast cars and loose women!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't drive and I've got a woman already
    Well stop anyway. I bet you smell and are yellow. And you're going to die early. And I bet you have a nasty smokers' cough. Urgh. Stay away from the yellow-phlegm man. Your little bronchials (?) are trying to grow back and get the cack out of your lungs but you just won't let them.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.