The Student Room Group

How to revise for Music exam?!

Does anyone have any tips on how to revise for the music exam, for on the mocks I got a D in the exam and it was estimated that it would bring my overall music grade down to a B and I would really like to get an A in music.

So does anyone have any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you haven't got revision books try BBC Bitesize?
Yeah, try the online websites and games and try out the CGP books because they are really good!!:smile:
- http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/pages/productList.asp?list=gcse_music
... hope this might help:smile:
Reply 3
GCSE Music is a pain. Try to learn all the areas of study by heart and try past papers.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just kept listening to the pieces of music over and over again and any time there was a motif, riff, change in effects used etc. I made a mental note of it. I found the best way was just to familiarise myself with the music and know it as best as I could.
Listening to music...As stupid as that sounds. Listen to minimalistic pieces to learn what they sound like. During my mock revision I listened to Symphony of the New World, a Cor Anglais piece, and then bang-that piece came up!
Know your basic facts, key signatures up to four #s and flats.
Know what style questions come up time and time again for your exam board, e.g. WJEC Q1 is usually something to do with tonality.
Identify where on your mock you went wrong. For an A candidate to get a D it may just be exam technique.
I made a big mind map for each of the twelve set works (I think this was Edexcel?) and that was it. I got an A* :eek:
study the different types of music such as blues, acapella. I revised all musical notation such as specific chord names etc. which I did not need to specificly know at all!
Two words

MIND MAPS

Quick Reply