Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has already done their M1 exams for maths do you have any tips? i'm finding it quite hard especially with questions on forces and things similar to this :s

ReputationRep:
    What exam board? Best thing to do in my opinion is go through the book doing most, if not, all the questions. With Maths a lot of it is just practice. For mechanics and forces, always draw a diagram. Seeing what is happening certainly helps. Is there a particular problem you're stuck with? If so you could post it on here and I'm sure there are many people who would be willing to help.

ReputationRep:
    yep, that's good advice, always draw a diagram. Try to get used to looking at a question, and straight away getting it down on paper.

I also recommend just like any maths exam, lots and lots of practice. Past paper marathon, and don't just look at the answers, make sure you find a method for every question you can't do. Focus on what you can't do, not on your marks, and you're sure to improve.

ReputationRep:
    Really try and understand the Physics - its helped me a lot now that I'm doing mechanics in Physics. I'm retaking after getting a C in January

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am currently revising for M1. I have had real issues with M1 for the whole year, consistently getting U's and D's in assessments when I was getting A's and B's in core 2 assessments and got an A in the core 1 exam. However lately it seems to be getting a lot easier !
    My main piece of advice would just be practice practice practice, like will all maths papers but more so for mechanics ! The more you practice (with notes) the more you realised a lot of the questions are the same just with different numbers and begin knowing what to do.
    Good luck in your exam !

ReputationRep:
    In terms of forces, free body diagrams always help as the above posters have mentioned.

In fact, diagrams are probably your best aid in mechanics. My teacher has always said that getting the diagram spot on is 90% of the hard work. The rest of it is just resolving/using SUVAT.

Hope your revision goes well and good luck for the exam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.