Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I realise that they are on each universities websites, but do you have to sign up for them off your own back, or do the staff advertise them to you and ask for anyone who's interested at some point during your degree?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, I'm interested in knowing this too!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about how other students go about studying abroad, but I do languages and we had a series of presentations at the beginning of second year about what the choices were.

ReputationRep:
    At the universities I applied for they said you can just wait up to the end of second year and speak to the head of department for advice.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Languages courses will guide you through the process qith a fair bit of help and support.

If you're not doing a language and are just interested in taking part in an exchange or year abroad then search your university website for "erasmus" - someone or a team of someones will usually be responsible for managing the erasmus (and non-erasmus) partnerships with universities to study abroad at. Find their website and details at your uni and they'll be able to give you all the information you need and help you with the process.

ReputationRep:
    i think it depends on your uni, I'm at kcl and it wasn't as though my department particularly advertised it (pretty much the majority of departments here offer it), but theres the same deadline for everyone who wants to go so its more something i had to keep up with myself - everything was online but i just had to sort out references and stuff.
    im guessing its different if you're doing languages and have to go though

ReputationRep:
    We had a speaker come in at the end of a few of our lecturers to give info about it and then I contacted them about the application process and deadlines and whatnot. A lot of the whole procedure is doing stuff off your own back.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.