Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I've put Northumbria down as my insurance and I know it's only my second choice but I'd like to be certain I'm choosing decent accommodation in case I don't get in to my first choice!
    I didn't have chance to look round the accommodation so could anyone give me ideas on what it's like?
    By the looks of it, en suite is pretty pricey in the 2013/2014 rents so I was swaying towards non ensuite self catered I didn't want to spend more that £4000 or just over!
    If anyone could help in which to choose for my choices that would be great
    Thank youu!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    The accommodation at Northumbria looks amazing! I've put it as my firm choice, and seen a few blocks on open and applicant days. The best one I've seen is New Bridge Street, which is en-suite and pretty pricey, but the kitchen and living areas are wonderfully furnished - like proper nice furnishings, a cupboard or two each (depending on how many people there are), a smallish but comfortable meeting/living area, and nicely sized rooms with a little bathroom adjacent to the door. They're also double beds, even though you only apply for single :').

All the accommodation looks to be high-standard though - when I went in October, the shared facilities in one of the blocks were quite big and kept clean, just the regular toilet/sink/shower and the students said they had no problems sharing (I think they had two bathrooms in their flat as well) bathroom-wise. The rest of the facilities were very similar to New Bridge Street, except it had a bigger kitchen and living area, but then again, there were more people

So its really up to you.. I myself really want an ensuite and can stretch that far, but non-ensuite accommodation looks fine too. If it helps, the Northumbria Website has some interactive photos of some of the different blocks too

Hope this helps ya xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp247)
    Hey,
    The accommodation at Northumbria looks amazing! I've put it as my firm choice, and seen a few blocks on open and applicant days. The best one I've seen is New Bridge Street, which is en-suite and pretty pricey, but the kitchen and living areas are wonderfully furnished - like proper nice furnishings, a cupboard or two each (depending on how many people there are), a smallish but comfortable meeting/living area, and nicely sized rooms with a little bathroom adjacent to the door. They're also double beds, even though you only apply for single :').

All the accommodation looks to be high-standard though - when I went in October, the shared facilities in one of the blocks were quite big and kept clean, just the regular toilet/sink/shower and the students said they had no problems sharing (I think they had two bathrooms in their flat as well) bathroom-wise. The rest of the facilities were very similar to New Bridge Street, except it had a bigger kitchen and living area, but then again, there were more people

So its really up to you.. I myself really want an ensuite and can stretch that far, but non-ensuite accommodation looks fine too. If it helps, the Northumbria Website has some interactive photos of some of the different blocks too

Hope this helps ya xD
    Ah that's really helpful thank you! As long as they're pretty decent I'm okay, I'll have a look at the interactive photos. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey... I've been looking at the interactive photos and checked a few prices. I can't really afford the en-suite rooms, so I mainly browsed the shared facilities accommodation. They look pretty decent. I think I'm more swayed by the Rothbury Hall accommodation. It has a sink in your room and the shared facilities look good. It's £91 a week, but there are others such as Marleen Court which is pretty decent too. Xo

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.