Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I received a letter a few months ago claiming proof of seperation for my parents. On the letter it said you could send any of the three following options, either a decree nisi, a letter from a solicitor or a council tax bill showing 25% single occupancy. We chose to send the tax bill however on my application form when stating what evidence we are trying to send there is no option for this, even though it explicitly says on the letter and on any help website we can.
    In spite of this we still proceeded to send the evidence however without a cover letter (only a copy of the letter that was sent through with my customer ref written on every document). This was around a month ago and we've still heard nothing back (except for emails telling me to send evidence in), I'm very worried my evidence won't be accepted in time, can anybody help me in any way and assure me the evidence will be accepted? Thank you.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Toyboxes,

    As long as the Council Tax bill is recent and definitely has the 25% single person discount listed on it then we will accept it as proof of single status.

    I would have expected this to have been processed by now so it might be a good idea to speak with one of our advisers who can look into this for you on 0845 300 5090

    Hope this helps,
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.