Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

is it just me or are there others out there that have been trying to get onto the adult nursing degree with various uni's and are just constantly unsuccessful yr after yr after yr...? Can someone tell me is there some sort of secret that I dont know about as to how to get on to this course, cuz I have done everything I can think of and have worked so so hard over the last 5 years and its all been for nothing...What the hell do they want...a kidney...Ive put my heart and soul into it and have yet again, for the fifth year running been unsuccessful. I have an interview next week but seriously dont know if its worth even going just to told unsuccessful again and again and again and again and again...i cant handle seeing that word much more. Also considering packing in the current course Im doing with the open uni in health and social care, because all the certificates Ive worked so bloody hard to get appear to mean and count for nothing...anyone else out there like me or am I just thick as to why They dont want me....

ReputationRep:
    Charlene, I'm so sorry that you're in this position. Have you asked for feedback from the uni's that have turned your applications down? Maybe if you did that, you'd have a better idea of where it's going wrong?
    Personally, I wouldn't give up on your health and social care course, and I know that constant rejection is a really hard thing to deal with, but do go to your interview next week, you never know, it may be the one.
    Lots of luck.

ReputationRep:
    No offense but maybe your applying to high universities and not applying for the realistic ones that will accept you.

ReputationRep:
    ImaNeek...Never actually thought of that thought...but now uve suggested it I have, but no seriously hinking about it, na, Maybe one of the ones Ive applied to I think is regarded as high...I have heard it is hard to get in to, but he other two, na they're not. I can only apply to local ones which is only 3 as I cant go too far as I have a young daughter...lilibet01...thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Have you asked for feedback? Have you been rejected before or after interview?

Do you have relevant work experience?

Unfortunately, nursing is highly competitive, however some unis are far more competitive than others. Unis also look for different things; some unis emphasise science, some put more emphasis on experience.

Which unis are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    On average it takes 3 attempts each time you should ask for feedback and improve your application if you use the same application to reapply it will be rejected again straight away keep at it

ReputationRep:
    hugs. Just keep at it.
    I don't have any offers so far so I can almost relate to how you must feel. Rejection is tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.