The Student Room Group

Changing course at Cambridge

Hello!
So I've got an offer for veterinary medicine at cambridge, but over the past months I've decided it's not the right course for me and I want to study Natural Sciences instead. I haven't firmed any choices on track yet. I figure since the two courses are related and have the same entry grades it might be feasible to change my offer.

My question is: is it better to contact the admissions tutor of my college now and ask for a change now, or firm the Vet med choice and wait until I've got my results and actually go to Cambridge to request a change?
Dont wait until you get to Uni. Far too risky. You could simply be told No, or have to wait weeks for it to happen. And its very unfair to anyone waiting on a Vet course place to hang onto a place you dont actually want.

Check you have the admission requirements and then phone the College and ask. Remember, they dont have to say Yes.
It'll be easy to switch to natural sciences. Ved med is far more competitive, and I know people who have made the switch that you would like to. Best to wait until you meet your grades, then send them an email. Either way I'm sure they'll be happy to let you change to nat sci.
Reply 3
Original post by patrickhere
Hello!
So I've got an offer for veterinary medicine at cambridge, but over the past months I've decided it's not the right course for me and I want to study Natural Sciences instead. I haven't firmed any choices on track yet. I figure since the two courses are related and have the same entry grades it might be feasible to change my offer.

My question is: is it better to contact the admissions tutor of my college now and ask for a change now, or firm the Vet med choice and wait until I've got my results and actually go to Cambridge to request a change?

Firm the vet med choice. It's not difficult to change from Vet Med to Nat Sci- many people do it.
Hello all,

On the subject of Cambridge change of course - I hold unconditional offer for Physical Nat Sci as I applied after A Levels in gap year. But I am contemplating a change to Mathematics at my College.

As part of revision I will be sitting a couple of STEP papers - I and II.

My question is do you think this change is a) possible, and b) assuming I get the required grade in STEP, would I meet all conditions of a standard offer (I have A* Maths and A* Further Maths already)?

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending