Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from keele and liverpool. Ive decided to firm keele as I think its an awsome med school. Yet it seems people think im crazy for choosing keele over a well established med school like liv, I dont think it matters tbh, well established can mean the walls are crumbling lol. I think wherever you study medicine in the uk you get a pmq (primary medical qualification) and hence why should it matter if keele is lower ranked or not a Russell group! Any views on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucky20)
    I have offers from keele and liverpool. Ive decided to firm keele as I think its an awsome med school. Yet it seems people think im crazy for choosing keele over a well established med school like liv, I dont think it matters tbh, well established can mean the walls are crumbling lol. I think wherever you study medicine in the uk you get a pmq (primary medical qualification) and hence why should it matter if keele is lower ranked or not a Russell group! Any views on this?
    I'm coming to Keele for medicine in 2013. To be honest I think being a good doctor is more about the individual than the school. I'm sure there are plenty of crap doctors from top med schools and great doctors from bottom med schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    I'm coming to Keele for medicine in 2013. To be honest I think being a good doctor is more about the individual than the school. I'm sure there are plenty of crap doctors from top med schools and great doctors from bottom med schools.
    Well said mate. You looking fowars to the next 5 years? I know I am. Are you a reapplicant?

ReputationRep:
    What dya think of the new avatar guys

ReputationRep:
    I had similar views expressed when I firmed Keele over Cardiff.

I'm just finishing 3rd year at Keele, and in all honesty, it's all about where you are going to be happy for 5 years of your life. All courses have to met the GMC's standards, and there has been some very positive feedback about Keele's FY1s this year. If you like the feel of somewhere, and the course suits you, then who cares what anyone else thinks!

ReputationRep:
    I met loads of med students in my first year and there is a big social aspect for med students here at Keele, plus it matters more that you got your qualification than which school you got it from anyway.
    The med students seem to have the most fun as well as working the hardest so they seem to get the best experience here, with it being a campus uni it seems to work really well for them too. Good for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Angry Stoic)
    Omg!!! The legendary Angry Stoic is coming to our humble med school this September!!:eek: Awesome! See you guys in a couple of weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pi=3)
    Omg!!! The legendary Angry Stoic is coming to our humble med school this September!!:eek: Awesome! See you guys in a couple of weeks!
    Don't feed my ego!

But I look forward to seeing you too

ReputationRep:
    If you have made it into medicine, whether it's in a dustbin, at UCL, at Keele or at Cambridge, you've shown your individual prowess for medicine.
    And I respect you beyond limitation for helping people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Frieza)
    If you have made it into medicine, whether it's in a dustbin, at UCL, at Keele or at Cambridge, you've shown your individual prowess for medicine.
    And I respect you beyond limitation for helping people
    Lol at the dusbin bit hahaha. True say though, mbchb is an mbchb, and there are plenty of top consultants with degrees from unknown foreign unis etc. U a med student?

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, if some people rate keele near the bottom, what are rough rankings?

I mean, they say it doesn't matter where you go but obviously there is some ranking system going on or there wouldn't be the premise for a statement like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Occams Chainsaw)
    Out of interest, if some people rate keele near the bottom, what are rough rankings?

I mean, they say it doesn't matter where you go but obviously there is some ranking system going on or there wouldn't be the premise for a statement like that.
    http://www.theguardian.com/education...guide-medicine

Keele are in front of some big schools like Bristol and Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul.dirac121)
    I am in Barts, but I wish I had chosen Keele bc I don't like this area. Too late now, I just have to put up with it.
    It's got good facilities though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.