Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the rents for ICL halls are going to be published online? I have decided to firm Imperial but I want to make sure that the rents are not going to go up. From what I've seen, at some other universities, which I will not name now, they went up by 10 or more pounds a week.

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea. I expect around the time they ask people to start applying for accommodation they will release the rents for each hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dracion)
    I've no idea. I expect around the time they ask people to start applying for accommodation they will release the rents for each hall.
    Talked to them...
    They said that the rents are going to be updated on the website during the first week of May. Also, they are closing Garden Hall.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a bit off that they told you they were closing it, according to the union we're to still to hear the final word on the issue:

https://www.imperialcollegeunion.org...leges-response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dracion)
    Sounds a bit off that they told you they were closing it, according to the union we're to still to hear the final word on the issue:

https://www.imperialcollegeunion.org...leges-response

That's what they said... These were not good news, but they didn't say anything about the Evelyn Gardens. Hopefully, they will keep them open for at least one or two more years. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Garden Hall most likely will be facing closure for the next academic year (for refurbishing) I'm afraid. =/
    Whether they're gonna keep it as a student hall or for luxury offices/extending the nursery is still unsure, but you can help to strengthen the argument for keeping it for the former by signing teh petition =D:
    http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...ve-garden-hall

As for Evelyn Gardens, college's still looking into the issues of keeping it for the remaining of the lease. If this is deemed not ideal by the end of the Summer, I'm guessing that's it. =/

Wilson might be back though if the new rooms are ready in October (though the constructions are a bit behind schedule, not exactly sure of the details atm).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.